Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating: How/when do you mention you're a parent?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:27 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm not totally ready to jump back into dating, but I'm starting to notice a few guys flirting with me. It makes me feel incredibly guilty because I assume they don't know I'm a mom.

I understand dating a single mom isn't for everyone, and I don't want to blindside anyone, but I also don't want to be THAT woman who's always introducing herself as a single mom.

So when a guy starts flirting with you, and the conversation has NOTHING to do with your kids (no easy way to casually mention them)....How do you let a guy know you're a mom?
by on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
M4LG5
by Member on Feb. 24, 2018 at 10:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Let the conversations flow. You are not expected to disclose anything until you want to. If it's a natural question lime "tell me about yourself" or "what do you like to do" you can mention it there.

Being a mom should not be something to be afraid to say. If he reacts negatively then you know he isn't the right person immediately
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Feb. 24, 2018 at 5:34 PM

I've always let it be known from the beginning just so they know I can't just drop what I'm doing to go somewhere on a whim.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
This, plus it also helps to weed out the type of guys who just want to “hit it and leave” for the most part.

Quoting randi1978:

I've always let it be known from the beginning just so they know I can't just drop what I'm doing to go somewhere on a whim.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:18 AM
I think the topic will always come up esp when you confirm you are both single. I'd bring it up.
LauraC.2589
by on Feb. 26, 2018 at 9:19 AM
Definitely agree! My kids come first and if the guy can't accept that than hes not Mr right. Im hoping to meet someone who also has kids.

Quoting grneyedormom: This, plus it also helps to weed out the type of guys who just want to “hit it and leave” for the most part.

Quoting randi1978:

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2018 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Some guys wont care you are single mom. Don't assume they will be turned off by it. I would bring it up early. Weed out the ones who wont give you the time of day.

TurtleMami
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2018 at 12:30 AM
Yes, but howwwww do I bring it up?

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Some guys wont care you are single mom. Don't assume they will be turned off by it. I would bring it up early. Weed out the ones who wont give you the time of day.

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2018 at 9:48 AM

Well if they ask you any personal questions, just throw it in there. If they ask you what you are up to for the weekend, tell them just hanging out with your daughter. Or ask them if they have kids, and then when they ask you, you tell them.

Quoting TurtleMami: Yes, but howwwww do I bring it up?
Quoting Oliviasmom72:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)