Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single moms with toddlers

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I feel like I'm drowning. Some days life really does suck. I don't get help from my sons dad. I've tried but he gets ssi and the court won't take child support from ssi. He also doesn't visit either. Lately I've been wanting to have a day all to myself or a couple hours where I dont have a 2 year old screaming. Question is do you give yourself a me time once a week. I try to crochet every night but I've been busy lately and ive had to put my crochet on a hold. I have work and appointments and my sons appointments and spending most days just entertaining and teaching him. After it all it gets a bit overwhelming. How to you mix your me time in all of the crazy mix
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2018 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Mom on Mar. 12, 2018 at 9:54 PM
If family and friends are not available to babysit you have to pay someone.

Or if you have leave time at your job take a day off.
Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2018 at 10:38 PM
You should have me time once or twice a month. Do you have any family that can watch the kid for a couple hours?

As far as ssi don’t you receive a benefit for the kid since he’s on it? On a similar note I’d never have a kid with anyone on ssi. Many people don’t even belong on it and many never have any money. Maybe I’m a snob but that’s not how I roll. But good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2018 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this
When my son was around that age, I had me time when he fell asleep. I was alone (I still am) and no one to watch him. I literally put him in the car and drove to get coffee or Barnes and nobles yo relax or do my nails. It sucks not having support, but it helps.
happyonislands
by on Mar. 13, 2018 at 10:37 PM

As a mom, you definitely need time for yourself.  It is normal and healthy for your well-being.  If you don't have a trusted friend or family, some local libraries and churches offer mom's playdate or mom's day out that provides free or low-cost babysitters for a few hours.

Good luck!  You are a great mom! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 14, 2018 at 12:40 PM

My parents live a couple hours away. They are frequent visitors though. Sometimes, they will say, why don't you go do this or that and we'll stay with the baby.

hotspice58
by on Mar. 14, 2018 at 1:00 PM

get someone to watch him; make it so it's consistent, 2 to 3 hours a week so you can recharge.

AzariahsMother
by Member on Mar. 14, 2018 at 2:15 PM

I try, but I am not very good at it.  I have a few hours in the evening but most time I find myself sleeping LOL!  I usually give myself 5 PTO days to use throughout the year off the top for personal days and I take DD to daycare.  Sometimes I feel guilty taking her but than I remember that I need these days and it's ok. 

I'll also take some other time to hang with friends.  I haven't lately as I don't have anyone to watch DD and looking into maybe hiring a baby-sitter but I don't have loads of cash for that either.

anonomomma
by on Mar. 14, 2018 at 3:18 PM
Reach out to a local moms group to see if any one would like to exchange child care or if they have a teen who baby sits.

As far as the support, you should receive ssi for your DD if her Dad is disabled. It won't be much but it's something.
Arigo
by Member on Mar. 14, 2018 at 3:40 PM
Understand your dilemma, giving your all to someone 24/7 just takes a toll...in the few hours you have id say try to meet other single moms and make friends. You can form a single mom mental health day pool once you build a relationship👍🏽.
In the meantime use that pto and daycare! I sure do but I'm at the point I just want a weekend child free😫. Hang in there, I know it's hard👍🏽
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2018 at 5:56 PM

I would recommend putting him in a early start educational program, that way you have a few hrs to yourself they usually start neborn to 4 years old. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)