Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Intro

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
Hi.. I’m ailsha.. I found this group after googling and wanted to join it right away despite the fact that I’m not single.. sorry for that. I’d understand if you don’t allow married moms here..
the reasons I wanted to join are: I feel like I’m doing all the work at home and for the baby; and I plan to divorce my husband later in llife
My son has spinal dysraphism and have been under diagnosis since birth.. I had to quit my job to take care of him.. I don’t know how you moms do it!! I don’t have to think about the financials, which is a huge worry, but I did have to do a lot for my kiddo.. starting from taking care of him after his surgery at 3 months, to teaching him how to move his legs, sit, crawl, stand, walk, eat, talk.. I’m doing three therapies at the same now with him.. he’s the cutest kid ever and it kills me think how he’ll manage himself in this competitive world ..
and there my husband is.. dumping every responsibility on me.. he just works, comes home, eats and sleeps.. he’ll only do work for the baby or house chores if I yell at him.. he’s too tired and sleepy all the time.. he NEVER initiated for sex.. but he finire having any affair..
honestly, I don’t know how this marriage will survive.. and I don’t have the means or scope to support me or my son now. He needs me more than anything .. I don’t know how long I can stay like this..
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 21, 2018 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Mar. 21, 2018 at 9:15 AM
Do you have a Medicaid waiver for your son?

Try marriage counseling if you want to keep your marriage.
Ichthymom
by on Mar. 22, 2018 at 2:46 PM

Sorry you're going through so much. You may qualify for health assistance, financial assistance and/or social security disability for Spina Dysraphism but you will have to check out your state's eligibility and they will review your son's case for qualification. This is just a google search but it may help you out a little. https://bit.ly/2pC9hSL There is a section near the bottom that you can click on to view a PDF file for Benefits for Children with Disabilities. Wish you all the luck. 

Having a child with a health issue can be straining on a marriage. I understand it! Though my kids have a different health problem, I can feel your frustration. Have you and your husband talked about the effects it's having on both of you? It may help to seek a third party to talk to about what both of you are going through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)