Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok let me try to make a long story very short.  When I got preggo with my son I did not know his father was married.  I threw him out and he went back to the wife who had a son 2 weeks after mine was born.  My son will be 3 tomorrow.  His father has never seen him sent money nothing.  Never called for a birthday or Christmas.  So now him and the wife are divorced.  Mind you she never wanted him to have anything to do with my son.  So she finds me on myspace and says that just cause Ray wants nothing to do with him her and her kids do, they are siblings after all.  WHAT?  Three years later my son doesn't even know he has another sister and two brothers.  I am confused on what I should do.  I don't know if she is just wanting to start drama or she really feels like they should know each other.  his family has warned me she is trouble.  I just don't know.  Also, I am in the right mind to call his dad and rip him a new one tomorrow because I know he won't call.  I know I should probally leave it alone but I am so angry.  This all has just brought up so many bad feelings.  what do yall think?
by on Jan. 25, 2008 at 9:58 AM
Replies (11-17):
llinds438
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 5:32 PM

The kids deserve to know each other and only time will tell what her true intensions are.   I would chat her up and get to know her before you have to make that decision of letting the kids get together.   It makes it easier since you don't live close.  

smallfry29488
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 6:54 PM
I don't trust it. You should let your son know that he has other siblings, just wait until he's old enough to understand. Besides, she lives upstate New York I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.
Shrkyscove
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 7:17 PM
I think she is trying to start trouble! Dont contact her!
cilkaboo
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 7:44 PM
The same thing happened to me.  She ended up causing a whole lot of problems.  I would say be very cautious.  Good Luck!!!

Got a kid that was born in 1999.  Come join my group.  New debate forums every week.

www.cafemom.com/group/1999

kerstininaz
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 9:24 PM
My suggestion is to leave it alone.

It seems that you were doing just fine before she got a hold of you. Who needs all this drama in their life? You have to think about your child and I personally don't think it would be healthy. What if she's just trying to 'feel' you out or wanting to complain about your ex? It may only cause you more pain, bringing up old feelings and devastation.

Let it be and live your life!
Kerstin
www.DesireWellness.com
www.MoreInfo.truewealthathome.com
Magsbaby2005
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 11:05 PM
I live in NY my 2 year olds daddy lives in IL, I was living in IL with him untill he found out I was pregnant, He left me for a women who could not have kids in another state, Because he did not want any more kids. ( He already had 2 9 year olds at the time both from different moms)  I had to move back home to NY to be near family well, He got married to that women a month later. They are divorced now and he is with another girl who just gave birth in October to a baby boy, My child is a girl by the way. He has seen my child once and that was because I took her to meet her older brother and gramparents in IL, I am Angry that he had another child,I want her to know her siblings but I feel if I let her know this baby as she grows up she could think y did my daddy not want me whats wrong with me, I dont want her thinking that in any way so I am going to wait untill I know she is old enough to understand to tell her she has a little brother, So my addvice to you is when he gets old enough then tell him let him make up his own mind about it then and dont get all upset about it eather, she probily is trying to just make drama you dont need. Hope this helps.
ikesmommy
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 3:43 PM
Leave him alone.

As far as his ex, talk to her to see if she is sincere. Talk for weeks and months if need be. Your son has a right to know about his siblings; it isn't his fault that his dad was an ass about the situation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)