Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Being single sucks!!!-VENT

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 10:40 PM
  • 19 Replies
I am separated and in the process of getting a divorce and ALL OF THIS SUCKS!  I'm used to having someone to talk to at any time.  Even though I'm the one that intiated the divorce, (well actually he CHOSE  to partake upon particular actions and I decided not to put up with him) I'm still so sad about this and don't know how to get through it!  I still love him.  Then I went to the store and saw all of the Valentines day CRAP everywhere and I got even more depressed!  It's been so long since I've dated, that I don't even KNOW where to find a good guy to date!

I say we all have a MEN SUCK!  Valentines Day party for us single women and we can all drink margaritas to help us forget about our asshole ex's!

GRAD SCHOOL MOMMIES! http://www.cafemom.com/group/19788

FIRST GENERATION COLLEGE MOMMIES! http://www.cafemom.com/group/23684

"The saddest thing in the world is not when one dies, but when one chooses to live a life merely to exist." ~Grace

by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sammysmom4507
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 10:46 PM
LMAO I'm all about that! I'm TRYING to get a divorce finalized as well. However, I don't know if it's because I've been so miserable the last year or if I really don't care! But I haven't so much as shed a tear over my husband leaving. Maybe it hasn't hit me yet, it's only been 6 months. Who knows, but I'm going to be living up the single life!

CHEERS TO OUR ANTI-VALENTINES DAY!

As hard as it may be (AND IT IS), I'd still prefer to be a single MOM over being just single ANYDAY!!
tracylynn923
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 10:47 PM
I am so not looking forward to valentines day!  Especially when your single.  i might just have to treat myself.  Cause i deserve something and I do love myself!!!!!  Yeah men can suck, but I have a little faith (A grain of sand amount) that there are some good men out there.  LOL!!!!  If I can't find one, It beats being in a no good relationship.  I hear you loud and clear!  : )

Shrkyscove
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM
Hi! My name is Kim and about 11 years ago i was in your shoes! My husband of only 3 months decided that he wanted to have sex and kids, just not with his wife! So, when he came to me and told me that he got someone else pregnant, i was gone that night! i was crushed! i loved him so much that i thought I would never get over it. 10 years later i actually gave him another chance because he had "changed". it was then that I found out that no relationship i had since we divorced worked because I was still in love with him.  BUT that only lasted about 2 months or so before he went back to the way he was when we were married. so, this time, i had the last word and i left for good.  I finally had closure and that did me a world of good! I no longer love him and feel free to date someone else! And then I did, got pregnant after a little while of dating and now im single again....so ... i agree that men suck and being single sucks! i would love yo have an "anti" valentines day party! sounds good to me!
If you need to chat, just shot me an email!
V.AmberLee
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 10:51 PM

I'm sorry you're going through this hardship. The begining is hard but it does get easier. You will learn that you are capable of things you've never imagined. There are good things about being single too. I have been a single mom for five years now and honestly, i am the happiest i have ever been. Yes, I wish I had someone to talk to at the end of a stressful day and I wish I had some help with my kids...but you know what? I am happy, my boys are happy and I manage to keep a roof over our heads and healthy food on the table. My boys are extremely happy and healthy. The three of us are a team and it is their father who has the lonely, sucky life...not me.
My advise to you is to have support. Friends family and CafeMom!!!

V.AMBERLEE 

Proud single mom & author of

Beautiful Tears, A Single Mother’s Story http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/        ISBN: 1-4241-5445-6 

andysmom94
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 10:56 PM
I already asked my son to be my date and HE ACCEPTED!!  I would much rather go out with him than some man anyday LOL
Strong4Sal
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 11:00 PM
Wow, this is funny...I was just coming here to vent about how I miss being with a man. I hadn't thought about that Valentine's day crap much b/c I hate that holiday! I will absolutely join the margarita party *that's my favorite drink--on the rocks with salt please :)  and why not add a shot of tequila on the side, yummm. I don't drink really, but my my how an alcoholic beverage does sound good right about now...
SoCal48
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 11:00 PM
I would ask my son but he's 22 months old and would just stare at me blankly.....and then throw a block at my head!
Quoting andysmom94:

I already asked my son to be my date and HE ACCEPTED!! I would much rather go out with him than some man anyday LOL

GRAD SCHOOL MOMMIES! http://www.cafemom.com/group/19788

FIRST GENERATION COLLEGE MOMMIES! http://www.cafemom.com/group/23684

"The saddest thing in the world is not when one dies, but when one chooses to live a life merely to exist." ~Grace

inm
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM
Lol I like your party idea.  But also, don't let things get you down.  It gets way easier and now I actually prefer being single.  If I were you I wouldn't start thinking about dating again for a while, but when you do start dating, have a lot of fun!
MargaritaD
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM
I have always hated Valentines day too. HATE IT. I used to work in a hair salon and the girls husbands would send them big flower bouquets and balloons and I was married then...my hubby always forgot...or didnt give a shit. So I would be so depressed. I at least now know its not because my POS husband forgot, its because he isnt blessed with me as a wife any more! And I can chose a date if I want one!
andysmom94
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 11:07 PM
LOL.....well I am kinda liking the margarita party idea now that I think about it.....We can leave the kids with my 20 year old niece and go out....WOOO HOOO
Quoting SoCal48:

I would ask my son but he's 22 months old and would just stare at me blankly.....and then throw a block at my head!
Quoting andysmom94:

I already asked my son to be my date and HE ACCEPTED!! I would much rather go out with him than some man anyday LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)