Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Being single sucks!!!-VENT

Posted by   + Show Post
I am separated and in the process of getting a divorce and ALL OF THIS SUCKS!  I'm used to having someone to talk to at any time.  Even though I'm the one that intiated the divorce, (well actually he CHOSE  to partake upon particular actions and I decided not to put up with him) I'm still so sad about this and don't know how to get through it!  I still love him.  Then I went to the store and saw all of the Valentines day CRAP everywhere and I got even more depressed!  It's been so long since I've dated, that I don't even KNOW where to find a good guy to date!

I say we all have a MEN SUCK!  Valentines Day party for us single women and we can all drink margaritas to help us forget about our asshole ex's!

GRAD SCHOOL MOMMIES! http://www.cafemom.com/group/19788

FIRST GENERATION COLLEGE MOMMIES! http://www.cafemom.com/group/23684

"The saddest thing in the world is not when one dies, but when one chooses to live a life merely to exist." ~Grace

by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 10:40 PM
Replies (11-19):
JessiJ
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 11:10 PM
I forsee my son doing the same thing when he's that age, but then he'd probably laugh at me for saying "ouch" lol!
Quoting SoCal48:

I would ask my son but he's 22 months old and would just stare at me blankly.....and then throw a block at my head!
Quoting andysmom94:

I already asked my son to be my date and HE ACCEPTED!! I would much rather go out with him than some man anyday LOL

SoCal48
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 11:13 PM
That's EXACTLY what my son would do!  He thinks it's funny when mommy gets hurt....
Quoting JessiJ:

I forsee my son doing the same thing when he's that age, but then he'd probably laugh at me for saying "ouch" lol!
Quoting SoCal48:

I would ask my son but he's 22 months old and would just stare at me blankly.....and then throw a block at my head!
Quoting andysmom94:

I already asked my son to be my date and HE ACCEPTED!! I would much rather go out with him than some man anyday LOL

GRAD SCHOOL MOMMIES! http://www.cafemom.com/group/19788

FIRST GENERATION COLLEGE MOMMIES! http://www.cafemom.com/group/23684

"The saddest thing in the world is not when one dies, but when one chooses to live a life merely to exist." ~Grace

JessiJ
by on Jan. 26, 2008 at 11:18 PM
lol, I was cracking up at that!  I had to call one of my friends and tell her...we were rolling!  Thanks! 
Quoting SoCal48:

That's EXACTLY what my son would do!  He thinks it's funny when mommy gets hurt....
Quoting JessiJ:

Quoting SoCal48:

Quoting andysmom94:

nina5
by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 4:39 PM
so where do you live.
TaraFromJersey
by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 4:43 PM
I hear ya girl! Valentines day will be different this year for me.. but just remember you have the love of your Children to fill your heart. Hopefully next year will be better for all of us!! Take care.. if you want to talk I am here...

*~ Tara From Jersey~*

Proud Irish Mommy of

Devyn Grace 4-18-03 

Lauryn Claire 8-4-07

PUMPKIN62303
by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 4:48 PM
I'd love to come to THAT party!!!!!    I was with my ex for 17 years and now I am single.  I am with you that it was my choice due to his choices but I aways had him to talk to.... Well I have now been single for almost 3 years..tryed that whole dating crap...no fun.... but I am hopeful but Valentine and Christmas seem to bother me the most.....
CANDY_GIRL
by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 4:49 PM
I HAD TO GET A DIVORCE 1 YEAR AND HALF AGO.  DUE TO MY X HUSBAND HAD AN NEVER ENDING AFFAIR.  IT WAS HARD AT FIRST TO GET THRU THIS JUST BEING ALONE.  I HAVE FOUND THAT I HAVE MORE FRIENDS THAN I EVER BEING SINGLE.  I ALSO HAVE LEARNED TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF AND TO LOVE MYSLEF.  WHERE BEFORE IT WAS ALL ABOUT TAKING CARE OF MY X HUSBAND. WHEN I WAS MARRIED  I LET MYSELF COME LAST.  NO, NO, NO NOT SINCE THE DIVORCE. 

WHEN VALENTINE ROLLS AROUND I TREAT MYSELF.   I HAVE DONE THIS LAST YEAR.  I WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO UNTIL THAT SPECIAL MAN COMES MY WAY.  I SO DO NOT REGRET MY DIVORCE.  I ENJOY MY FREEDOM.  NOW I CAN DO WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH OUT ASKING OR MY X GIVING ME A TIME LIMIT.  ENJOY LIFE TO THE FULLEST!!

Mommy_and_Bear
by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 4:52 PM
I love it!  I will come home to  a clean house, order some food in, maybe make some cookies with the bear, then do my own pedicure, face mask.... just pamper myself so I look dang good the next day.  LOL  Of course...a margarita in hand so that I will have joined ya'lls party!  I'll have to remember & get on here & update you guys with how my part of the party goes!!!  :)  hehe
Jannie2258
by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 4:58 PM
Hi! from one single to another, give yourself time to heal and actually enjoy your newfound freedom. Happiness is not gauranteed by marriage or singleness, etc, but by being happy and accepting where you're at, even if it means being single(when we quit looking for happiness, it may land on our shoulder).  Being lonely and alone in a crowd is much worse than being this way as a single person.

Good luck, and give yourself a pat on the back for doing the right thing...in the long run, thats more important than the alternative. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)