Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Starting Baby food...any tips??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 8:43 AM
  • 2 Replies
So i'm now starting him on baby food and he HATES it!! whenever i bring the spoon to his mouth he shuts his lips tight and moves his head from side to side. if the food gets in his mouth (if i'm lucky) he starts to gag spits it out and cries the whole time!! I dont think he's afraid of the spoon at all because i let him play with it and he sticks it in his mouth and everything. sometimes i'll put a little food on it when he does play with it and when it gets inside his mouth it's as if he doesnt care..... i'm just so confused...grrr!! any tips ladies??
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
thirsTsol
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 10:27 AM
hmmm...that was a while ago for me (dd's 5)...i think she started out on bananas.  I had a girlfriend who made all of her own baby food. She asked me if I had ever tasted it (the stuff in jars); and she is right; it WILL make you gag! If you don't start having better luck maybe you could pull out the blender/food processor & see how he likes it....I bet you could make a lot & freeze some, not to mention save $.....also maybe waiting just a bit longer between feedings to make sure he has a big appetite? Best of luck! Judy
chel1023
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 3:51 PM
What kind of food are you feeding him.  My daughter doesn't like any green veggies and its a struggle for her to eat it, but she loves things like bananas, apple sauce, even guava.  Maybe try fruits with him, they are a little better tasting.  Also, keep it up, it takes at least 10 to 20 times for a baby to decide if they like something.  Good luck. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)