Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

NEWLY SINGLE MOM.. NEED SUPPORT!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 1:07 PM
  • 19 Replies
I HAVE BEEN SOO ON AND OFF W/ MY SONS FATHER FOR 10 YEARS. I KICKED HIM OUT AGAIN........2 DAYS AGO AND THIS TIME I WANT TO BE DONE W/ HIM FOR GOOD.. HE IS NASTY TO ME, CONTROLLING, CRITICAL, CHEATED ON ME WHEN MY SON WAS  3 MONTHS OLD. I GAINED 110 POUNDS DURING MY PREGNANCY , STILL HAVENT LOST THE WEIGHT AND SINCE I'M HEAVIER HE REALLY TREATS ME LIKE SHITTTTTT! I NEED SUPPORT TO AVOID CALLING HIM.. I NEED TO KEEP MY MIND OFF OF HIM!!!!!!! I DONT WANT TO CONTINUE THIS ENDLESS CYCLE. I WANT LOSE THIS WEIGHT, GET A JOB( I WAS A SAHM) AND SHOW HIM THAT I CAN BE JUST FINE WITH OUT HIM SINCE HE'S ALWAYS TELLIN ME THAT I WILL BE NOTHING WITHOUT HIM. HOW DO U LADIES STAY STRONG. IM SO NERVOUS TO BE A SINGLE MOM... NOT BECAUSE IM AFRAID OF BEING ALONE BUT IM AFRAID I WILL FAIL AND EVERYTHING HE SAYS ABOUT ME WILL BE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
irishluck112211
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Hang in there u will be fine....if u need to talk u can always talk to me!

ilovemyaj
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 1:16 PM
i know right now is tough but it will get easier.. pm me if you want im willing to talk
momto2bs
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 1:24 PM
It's really hard when you first separate and it seems "easier" to go back to what you've known. Especially if you're feeling down on yourself, you can easily go back thinking this is all you deserve or all you can get. Don't ever let anyone make you feel like that! You are better than that. Stay away from him! If he can make you feel like dirt than you don't need him. Belive me when I say I know it can be hard to get away, I"ve been there. You go find yourself a job take care of yourself and your kids. You are a better person that he deserves! Relize you are wonderfully and beautifully created! Use this time to grow and find your strength! I never realized how strong I was until I became a Single mom. Are there days I break and feel I can't go on? Oh, yeah! Are there days I wish I could just hide under a rock? Oh, yes! Are there days I feel just fat and ugly? Definitely! (Yesterday was on of those days for me) But I go on taking it one day at a time, for my boys! I know I can do this.....and so can you. Don't call him!! PM one of us on here!!
daniann2002
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 2:09 PM
trust me here the first while is hard but i have found out that the longer you are away from a guy like that the better you will feel about yourself i would suggest taking walks to the park with your little one and dont just sit on the bench with the other moms run around and chase the little one it helps drop some pounds and once you have a job then you can meet new people and maybee even a new guy that will treat you like you deserve to be treated so be strong and i know its hard but you can do it if you ever need help we are all here to help you
Kathy135
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 2:13 PM
My stbx just left me because of my "baby weight". It is such a horrible thing to be mean to someone because of weight. I am with you! I want to lose weight, get a job and get on with it! There is a LIFE waiting for us and it DOESN'T include men like that!! I am here - IM me before you call him!!!
Shrkyscove
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 7:54 PM
You should do your best to prove him wrong! you will be surprised at how strong you can be!
Angelinas
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 11:50 PM
Dont be so afraid to prove him right.  You really just need to worry about you and what you think about your self.  What he thinks doesn matter. It may take some time but I am sure you will be just fine.  I have three kids and I was a stay at home mom for seven years and he did the same thing.  I refuse to let any man make me feel worthless and you shouldnt either.  Keep your head up and if you feel you are starting to cave in or get weak turn to someone and take about.  Drawing strength from other poeple is how I did it.  Write any time and good luck!!
spiritualmom
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 8:59 AM
lIVING YOUR LIFE LIKE A YO YO AND WALKING ON EGG SHELLS EVERYDAY IS NOT THE WAY TO LIVE, YOU NEED TO DECIDE AND FOLLOW THROUGH ON WHAT IS BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR KIDS!!!!
IT WILL BE HARD AT FIRST AND YOU WILL FEEL OVERWHELMED BUT TRUST ME YOU'LL FEEL BETTER IN THE LONG RUN!!! TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME AND GET AHOLD OF A WOMENS SUPPORT GROUP, YOU WILL FIND OTHER WOMAN IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU ARE, GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!
dragonflie
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 9:01 AM
Us women are stronger then we give ourselves credit for.  I left a physically and emotional abuser after being married for 13 years when I found out he was cheating on me with my neighbor.  I sometimes look back now its been almost 4 years and say what the hell was I thinking to put up with that shit.  But we do it for what ever reason we can justify in our own minds.  They make us feel like we are not worth it for whatever reason.  It will take sometime but you will find your way too for you and your child.  There will come a day when you find your wings and know without a shadow of a doubt that you can carry on without people in your life that will only tear you down.

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,

Kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably,

And never regret anything that made you smile

Stop by and sign my guess book, I finally figured out how to add it to my homepage!

Supermom253
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 12:15 PM
My motto is : You can be unhappy by yourself, so why be with someone who is making you unhappy. You were fine before him and will be great after him.Im always here if you need to talk or to just have someone listen.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN