Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Amount of $$ ?? (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM
  • 6 Replies
When/if you get child support, does it get re-evaluated yearly or so?
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Brandy8776
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 7:45 PM
I don't think so.  I think you just get paid as is unless one of you requests more or less through domestic relations.  I don't think it automatically gets evaluated annually though. 
friendlymom5
by Member on Jan. 27, 2008 at 7:47 PM
No, in order to change it you need to file with the court an Order for Modification, including reasons why and proof, very long and drawn out process.
chel1023
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 3:44 PM
I don't know what state you are from, but I know that unless you have it stipulated in a court document it doesn't have to reevalulated yearly.  However if one party believes that the other has a substantial change in their income then they can request to have it reevaluated through the child support recovery unit.  Again, it depends on your state, but that is how it is in Iowa. 
DivaPrincessa
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 4:20 PM
In my state, I can request a review every 3 years. Sooner if he has an increase in salary or I have a decrease. You have to make a request.
IvyzMom
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 4:26 PM
What she said.  In California, you can apply for a modification every two years. 
Quoting friendlymom5:

No, in order to change it you need to file with the court an Order for Modification, including reasons why and proof, very long and drawn out process.
arinbidi
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 8:44 PM
Ours is re-evaluated every four years unless someone requests a modification.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)