Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What is it about Men....

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 10:02 PM
  • 13 Replies
that when you start talking to them, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES!  My ex i.e. baby's daddy wasn't like that!!!  And he still isnt.....why can't I find another one like that?!?!  Geesh!  I care about how your day is so why don't you care about mine!!! grrrrrrrrrr, lol
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemommie21
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 10:03 PM
they dont care thats why.......... if it doesnt invole thm that could care less
Shrkyscove
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 10:04 PM
I know exactly what you mean! They expect you to listen to their every word and yet they wont take the time to even ask how you are! MEN!!
JessiJ
by on Jan. 27, 2008 at 10:11 PM
I'm glad it's not just me, but dammit I deserve someone who cares...If I'm gonna put forth the effort, then you'd better do the same!
1madelinesmommy
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 1:03 AM
yeah, my "baby daddy" is 110% like that! he'll call me just to tell me everything he is doing, then say goodbye.
I dont think hes ever asked me how i am or what im up too, if it wasnt going to benifit him in some way.
they suck.
mom2twingrls07
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 8:40 AM

I know what ya mean, my ex/baby daddy was great to me and treated me great, he just wasn't ready for babies. But I have the hardest time finding a guy that will treat me right. Good luck!

Peahen23
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Quoting JessiJ:

that when you start talking to them, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES!  My ex i.e. baby's daddy wasn't like that!!!  And he still isnt.....why can't I find another one like that?!?!  Geesh!  I care about how your day is so why don't you care about mine!!! grrrrrrrrrr, lol
Well ladies i  have found one that does care about my day and asks me every evening when i get home from work how it was. Wether i want to tell him or not we alway have about 30 min. after i get home that we sit and talk about our day we had. I Just got lucky this time!!
spiritualmom
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 9:10 AM
In my honest opinion men are only good for pleasurable relief, they are dumber than a box load of rocks, they act like they can do it all and don't need us but isn't it funny they can't get go to the store for something or look around the house for what they are looking for etc etc. My ex hubby still has our 19 year old call me to have a phone number looked up or to make an appointment for him (my 19 year old works with his father), we have been divorced 8 years!!!!!
CrysDesi07
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 9:20 AM
Me, too
Such a relief from my sorry-excuse-for-a-man ex.
And he truly cares about my daughter as well(unlike her daddy who PERPETRATES like he does, but don't give a flyin' f**k about her...he's too self-indulgent to see past anyone but a himself.)
I'm so grateful I finally have someone that's real and models what a man is.

Quoting Peahen23:

Quoting JessiJ:

Well ladies i  have found one that does care about my day and asks me every evening when i get home from work how it was. Wether i want to tell him or not we alway have about 30 min. after i get home that we sit and talk about our day we had. I Just got lucky this time!!

Have you or are you thinking about starting your own business from scratch?
Come join us!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/ourveryown

TaraFromJersey
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 9:23 AM
I wish that men were good listeners.. they have selective listening, I have had only 2 relationships when I was actually heard... and someone cared about all I was talking about.. I hear ya girl. You will find someone that will listen and care about what you say.. I hope I find it too!

*~ Tara From Jersey~*

Proud Irish Mommy of

Devyn Grace 4-18-03 

Lauryn Claire 8-4-07

10-30-06mom
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Its so irriating, I am sort of still seeing this guy and of course he wants things on his time and I told him if he wants us then things will be done the way I want them. I F**king do everything and put up with his sh*t, why do we do this to ourselves!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN