Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How long is too long?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 7:18 PM
  • 22 Replies
How long is too long? And no Lady's I'm not talking about that. That's another story for another time. I'm talking about that it has been over three years since I've been in a relationship and that I've had sex. Let me tell you it's been so long that the plumber with his butt crack hanging out is looking good about now.  It's been so long that my girlfriends are calling me "Batty", if you get my drift. I know that I cant be the only woman out there that is holding out for the right guy. (If there is the right guy for me out there) I need to know that I'm not the one that is going crazy cause I haven't gotten any...in years. They say people who have a healthy sex life live longer. Let me put it this way, at the rate I'm going I don't think I'm going to see my grand-kids. Let me hear you holler is I not alone...PLEASE.  
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Whitneygo
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 7:23 PM
3 YEARS???!??!?!?!?! You are crazy woman!!! I don't think I could hold out for that long!!! It would be nice to find the right guy though wouldn't it? Good luck, I don't think its healthy for you to wait that long!! haha just my opinion! I would be bitchy as hell! lol!
MamiJaAyla
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 7:32 PM
Okay, you are not the only one.  Everyone thinks I'm crazy too.  Its been a little over 3 years.  The last time I had sex was around the time I concieved my daughter, who will be 3 at the end of may.  I left my baby daddy in Oct. 2004 (right after our son turned 1 and b/f we knew we were preggers again).

Like you I just don't want to waste my time.  My kids are to imp. to me to have them do the run around.  Not to mention every guy I've even kind of thought had potential was married and still had the balls to hit on me, yuck and  AHHHHH

lexipooh
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 7:33 PM
I feel so much better! It's been 9 months since I've had sex and I am not in any rush to have it anytime soon. I am no longer going to just have sex just because. I have a drawer full of toys if it comes to that! But no sex for me!
JessiJ
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 7:55 PM

Quoting lexipooh:

I feel so much better! It's been 9 months since I've had sex and I am not in any rush to have it anytime soon. I am no longer going to just have sex just because. I have a drawer full of toys if it comes to that! But no sex for me!

yay!!  I'm not the only one...it's been about 9-10 months for me and I'm not in any rush....don't get me wrong, it's hard as hell!!!  But I want to be with "the one"....I don't want to be a single mom who gets pregnant and is still single!  I don't think it's fair to Landon, the new baby (If I were to conceive), or me...it would make life harder on everyone if I were to get pregnant!  I want sex, but I can wait until I find my husband....I'm SO glad to hear that other single moms are going through this...
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2008 at 7:57 PM
i used to try to hold out.

once i held out for two years, another a year and a half.

well ladies its been ten years since the divorce, and not one good guy have i met.

so now i have maintenance man. HEY when i turned 31 the "peak" hit. i just dont care no more!!! its not like im a virgin!
Tara922c
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 8:21 PM
I am right there with you! I haven't had sex in over a year. I just don't have the time to go and find someone to have sex with. I am seriously thinking out just going to the club one night, and having a one nighter. Pregnancy also ruined my body, so I don't even want to be naked in front of someone. I also live at home, so it's not like I can bring a guy home anyway.
DivaPrincessa
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 8:37 PM
It is difficult but you are doing the right thing. I'm behind you 100%.

1madelinesmommy
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 8:45 PM
its been sixteen months for me!

i dont really seem to care either. when i was having sex with my babys daddy, it wasnt any good, either i wasnt ready, or he sucked, i like to think that he really sucks at it, hahaha.

anyway, when its just me, no boyfriend an all, i dont think about it, like, ever!
but i know if i was with someone, i would be wanting too, just to see how good it really could be. lol,
seriously though, he really really sucked at it.
MommaEl
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 9:09 PM
I don't think any amount of time is 'too long' if it feels right to you. It's been 2 years for me and ... yes ... I am not saying that I don't fly solo when necessary but I am not going to give that part of me to someone undeserving ever again. It's not just a physical act ... at least for me ... it's emotional. All I have to say is .. you do what you want ... when YOU want ... not just because - ya know?
momofmn
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 9:35 PM
WOW! I MEAN, I AM GLAD I FOUND THIS POST!! IT HAS BEEN OVER 3 MONTHS FOR ME....AND I AM NOWHERE EVEN READY FOR SEX. I KINDA JUST THOUGHT I WAS WIERD OR SOMETHING. I KNOW I HAVE AALOT OF EMOTIONAL DRAWBACKS RIGHT NOW AND JUST DONT THINK, OR BETTER YET, I KNOW I CANT HAVE EMOTION-LESS SEX. I JUST GET INVOLVED.
I WANT TO BE WANTED, NOT JUST FULFILL SOME URGE...AND THEN IT'S OVER. I WANT TO TALK AND CUDDLE AFTERWARDS....I LET MY EMOTIONS GET INVOLVED. I MEAN, I JUST CANT HAVE SEX WITH SOMEONE JUST TO FILL THE VOID.
NOT TO SAY I HAVEN'T TRIED...BUT WHEN I DID (THE GUY THAT WAS OVER 3 MONTHS AGO) IT WAS JUST NOT RIGHT. NOT THAT HE WASN'T RIGHT, BUT HE JUST DIDN'T CARE FOR ME LIKE I WANTED. HE JUST WANTED SEX....AND SO DID I....AND SO.....AGAIN, A MONTH AGO, I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE SEX WITH ANOTHER GUY, AND WE ALMOST DID, BUT I STOPPED IT AND TOLD HIM I JUST WASN'T READY. I KINDA FELT STUPID....I MEAN COME ON, I AM 29 YEARS OLD, AND I KNOW WHAT I WANT....BUT THATS THE PROBLEM...I KNOW WHAT I WANT. I DON'T FEEL LIKE I AM READY FOR THE EMOTIONS THAT COME ALONG WITH SEXUAL INTAMCY. AND JUST HAVING SEX WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)