Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freaked out...need some encouragement please!

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 10:41 PM
  • 9 Replies
This might be a little long....My car has a sign on it for my sister's business with her business name and phone #...well she calls me today and says "Are you pulling over?"  I said "no why?" She said "some guy just called me and asked if I was driving a mustang and I said no, my sister is...he then said well I'm gonna pull your sister over and rape her...she said huh?  he said I'm going to pull your sister over and rape her"  then he proceeded to laugh a demonic laugh!  So, I was close to home and I made a different turn and went to my job and took the signs off my car.  I'm sure he was just a creep thinking he was being funny and giving a prank call!  I'm just freaked out and don't want to sleep!  This is one of the main reasons that I want to get married!  I feel so much safer when someone else is staying with me and now this shit happened!  OKAY THIS IS IMPORTANT....We've already called the police and done everything we could so PLEASE don't say anything about the situation to freak me out even more....I just need some encouragement!  I really think it was a sick prank because the second she called me there were no cars anywhere around and he's done nothing all day....anyways!  I just wanna hear some positive things because sleep right now sounds so scary!  Thanks ladies...I appreciate you listening! 
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Shrkyscove
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 10:46 PM
Im sure it was just some idiot trying to be "cute"!
taramichelle
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 10:48 PM
sounds like you did the right things, going to work instead of home and taking the signs out, calling the police. The only other thing I would suggest is letting a neighboor know...but it probably was some stupid teenager trying to impress his friends. did the phone # come up on youir sisters phone when he called? and duh the guy is pretty dumb anyways does he really think he could get you to pull over? what an idiot

preview image

ENIGMA007
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM
did your sister try to get the callers number by doing the *69 thing? She could have called the police. She should call phone company for her business and see if they can find the call and why she wants it.
JessiJ
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Quoting taramichelle:

sounds like you did the right things, going to work instead of home and taking the signs out, calling the police. The only other thing I would suggest is letting a neighboor know...but it probably was some stupid teenager trying to impress his friends. did the phone # come up on youir sisters phone when he called? and duh the guy is pretty dumb anyways does he really think he could get you to pull over? what an idiot

I know!  I wouldn't be pulling over for some idiot trying to flag me down!  He called private....we can call the cell company and get the number, but I decided not to because there's nothing we could do with it....and I really think if I go to those "extremes" it'll just continue to be fresh in my mind and really scare me when I honestly think it's just a prank. 
Megmom25
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 10:53 PM
I am sure you are really freaked right now but I'm sure it was nothing but someone being a jerk.  If you think about it you would have done the right thing if you were put into a dangerous situation.  Take solice in the fact that you would have called for help on your cell or something or driven to the police station.  I'm sure you are smarter than just pulling over for someone you don't know.  It is a good idea to take the signs off your car though so this person cannot try and scare you again.  Not to worry, I'm sure it was a prank.  It sounds like you do a good job of taking care of yourself, just keep reminding yourself that you are strong and smart and you can take care of yourself.  Being a single Mom has taught you that I'm sure.
JessiJ
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Quoting Megmom25:

I am sure you are really freaked right now but I'm sure it was nothing but someone being a jerk.  If you think about it you would have done the right thing if you were put into a dangerous situation.  Take solice in the fact that you would have called for help on your cell or something or driven to the police station.  I'm sure you are smarter than just pulling over for someone you don't know.  It is a good idea to take the signs off your car though so this person cannot try and scare you again.  Not to worry, I'm sure it was a prank.  It sounds like you do a good job of taking care of yourself, just keep reminding yourself that you are strong and smart and you can take care of yourself.  Being a single Mom has taught you that I'm sure.
Thanks!  Since having Landon, he's 9 months old, this is the only time I've lived alone.  I've always wanted to live with someone because I'm so scared all the time....so we have a 1 bedroom apt and I would lock our door when we went to sleep....well recently I moved my mattress to the living room so he can sleep better cus I'm a loud sleeper...so I've kinda had to get over fear again, and then today this happened!  I know I'm strong and that nothing will happen, but damn I'm a scaredy cat and it'd be soooo nice to have a big strong man laying next to me for the time being!  lol
Angelinas
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 11:05 PM
I have to give you credit for playing it smart and not going home.  At least you werent to freaked out to use your head.  It sounds like some idiot trying to pull a prank.  How would he have gotten you to pull over anyway?  No matter what anyone says you are not going to get any sleep, which is understandable.  Just try to find a way to keep occupied.
JessiJ
by on Jan. 28, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Quoting Angelinas:

I have to give you credit for playing it smart and not going home.  At least you werent to freaked out to use your head.  It sounds like some idiot trying to pull a prank.  How would he have gotten you to pull over anyway?  No matter what anyone says you are not going to get any sleep, which is understandable.  Just try to find a way to keep occupied.
Thank you!  lol, I'm not going to get any sleep, but that's ok!  Eventually I will crash, probably about the time landon wants to wake up!  :)
nursejessie70
by on Jan. 29, 2008 at 10:00 AM
Kudos to you for using common sense.

I am sorry there are so many sickos in the world. I can't understand anyone who would think that is a good time to torment someone like that.

As for wanting someone to keep you safe....I am sure you have heard of many stories of married women getting hurt. It doesn't seem to deter true sickos. But a smart woman with common sense IS a deterrent.

Hang in there!! Always trust your instincts and add a thanks in your prayers to your guardian angel.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)