Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Someone, anyone....advice anything??????

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:05 AM
  • 3 Replies
Hi all I am so frustrated an i need to vent..................My daughters father and I have been separated for almost a year for the 3 months he wasn't involved at all but then he started going to AA got sober and has been seeing her, paying CS and seeing her as often as possible (he lives in Ct and we live in Ny.) I was dating someone else an I thought i was really happy but then he started talking marriage, having kids, a house, and a future together and suddenly i was not  on the same page at all. I was actually kind of freaked out because I realized that I'm still in love with my daughters father and I just can't imagine having another child with anyone but him. Wait before you all freak out on me i'm not saying that i'm gonna but if he and I never work it out i'm perfectly content with it being just me an Jayla, I don't want to have anymore children or get married, is this crazy??? The guy I was dating, well we broke up because i don't wanna get married, be engaged, or have children. I'm not sad that we broke up, i don't even miss him, and he was a great guy but i feel confident in my decisions an he thinks i'm nuts. I just don't know what to do now around my daughters father, he knows somethings up he's already asked me the last 2-3 times he's seen us whats bothering me. Its hard to even be in the same room with him. I have to bite my tongue and walk out of the room to keep myself from just falling apart and pouring my heart out to him. He's done some really horrible things to me and hurt me in many ways but i guess not enough to sever my feeling for him. Thanks for listening i just need to vent to anyone other than him, i'm feeling so confused i don't know how i ended up back here.   
                                                                         Kelly

by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
WORKINGMOMMY4
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:08 AM
maybe you should sit down and talk with him and let me know how you are feeling that is what i would do
momto2bs
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:12 AM
Well, my first thought is if your baby's father has really gotten help and seems to be the guy your daughter and you need maybe just talk to him. I don't know how open you two are when you talk. I"m not saying pour your heart out get all gushy and say "I love you I always have I need you back...blah blah blah." But just start talking to him about how he's doing, what he's doing with his life now and just see where things go see what happens. Don't throw your heart open right away, just take things slow and just start being friendly and friends again. That's my 2 cents worth. :)
IvyzMom
by on Jan. 30, 2008 at 12:20 AM
I would give it time before saying anything in case it turns out to be mixed emotions on your part.  You may decide after a short time that you don't have the same feelings anymore.  If your feelings don't change, you will have to ask yourself if you're willing to give him another chance and if you can forgive and forget the past.  Has he expressed any feelings to you about wanting to reconcile?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN