Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

permission to date?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2008 at 9:24 AM
  • 3 Replies
My mom and a friend think I should tell my ex that I am dating someone, out of common courtesy. Really, he should have already figured it out...but he CAN be pretty thick. They think he may think we still have a chance together o.O

Ok...he cannot manage to live on his own without help from his (or MY) mommy, he smokes weed daily and we've been split for a year and a half (we never made it down the aisle. When we split I told him he needed to proove he could live on his own for a year. He screwed that up in a month by bouncing a check to me. To this day he's not made it a month completely on his own. And I asked him to quit smoking weed, which he's never gonna do. He's now part of a canibis club for cryin' out loud! Just because it's cheaper doesn't make it ok.

Oh yeah, and then there's that whole LOVE thing?! Where I don't love him and can't see how he can possibly love me anymore!

Apparently they're under the impression that he still has it in his mind that we have a chance to get back together. That's why they think I should tell him. To me, that's like asking permission. I mean, what's he going to say to that?
by on Feb. 1, 2008 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mygirls73
by on Feb. 1, 2008 at 9:36 AM
Are you kidding me!!! That is the most ridiculious thing that Ive heard of....it would be a cold day in hell before I felt I needed to tell my ex.  He didnt feel the need to tell me when he was out screwing some girl when we were married so I dont think so.  Tell him to rely on his "club" for support!!
dragonflie
by on Feb. 1, 2008 at 9:42 AM
Amen to that, mine never told me he was screwing the neighbor either so why in the hell would I even consider telling him.  Tell them to date him if they feel that bad for them.  You owe him nothing!

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,

Kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably,

And never regret anything that made you smile

Stop by and sign my guess book, I finally figured out how to add it to my homepage!

MomToTwoGirls72
by on Feb. 3, 2008 at 1:40 AM

I'm going through the same thing with my ex it seems like I have to run everything by him before I do anything and his excuse is that I have my daughter with me all the time and thats not it at all he just can't seem to mind his own business....I can't do things with my bf without asking him or telling him first if its alright but its ok for him to move his girlfriend in (she left him anyway) without me meeting her first or him have girls that are friends .....I of course don't tell him anything though because it isn't fair.....

I do think you need to tell him that you are dating you don't need to ask him for permission to date though......Sheila:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)