Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i caught my son masturbating!!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2007 at 11:56 AM
  • 14 Replies
what do i do????????????? sooo confused!
by on May. 26, 2007 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dawn430
by on May. 26, 2007 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
First off how old is he? and you have to remember that it is natural to masturbate for both boys and girls. As for what to do you just need to let him know he can not do it in public and give him some privacy it is not that big of a deal.
kewlmomdeena
by on May. 26, 2007 at 1:54 PM
he's 14....
akashaismyworld
by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 9:20 PM

lol thats funny stuff but if hes a 14 year old boy its normal my advice dont do anything unless you havent had the sex talk yet..then its time but dont yell at him like my mother in law does to her 14 year old..he  has hormones and is ok just tell him about privacy you know (lock a door) and its all good

prettymom444
by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 10:09 PM

I can only imagine the shock for both of you at that moment.  I'm with the pp's.  Tell him that it is normal, nothing to be embarrassed about and that he needs to make sure of his privacy - put a lock on his door if he doesn't already have one.  I know that this talk will be difficult - let's face it - it's probably harder than the 'regular' sex talk! - but I think it needs to be done so he knows you don't think bad of him.  How involved is his father?  Maybe have his Dad give him a man-to-man talk...it might be easier for him to hear things (and not die of embarrassment) from a guy.

mimi2cm
by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 10:55 PM

LMAO!!! I'm sure it was horrible for you both! If he's 14 he probably already knows why he's having "those feelings". Just make sure you knock 1st & don't bug him if he starts to take longer in the bathroom (unless you're running late) Talk to him about sex & tell him to use a condom EVERY TIME & that condoms arent always enough ( only 89% effective) so it'd be best to wait.

isaiahsmommy00
by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 9:10 AM

I definitely feel for you.  I am already on to my second child with this habit.  It was really hard to handle with my oldest, but by the time my 13 year old started with it, I was able to just pretend like I didn't even notice.  It is totally natural, it happens to them all.  The only problem I ever had with it was that my oldest wanted to use MY stuff (shampoo, conditioner, etc.) and I politely asked him not to.  I did make sure that I told him it was not big deal, that it is natural and that most boys his age do it.  I didn't want to give him any kind of complex about it.  I did the same thing with my second son, too.  Good luck with this!!!

kaylamom2004
by on Sep. 30, 2008 at 12:45 PM

It's normal. Do nothing. But maybe talk to him and explain it's not a bad thing...that's it's normal....

mvital1
by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 9:42 PM

well its time to have the sex talk for sure if you haven't had it but I would not ignore it or make him feel about it either. You know your child best so do whatever your heart  and mind tells you to do and not is convenient because it is an embarrasing issue. Good luck. Don't know what I would do in your situation

McKayla is proof GOD loves me.
momma2aprince86
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM
I would say its normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Knock before going in his room and don't enter until he says to come in. Explain that it's normal but must be done in private. His room or when he's in the shower and he cleans his own clothes, sheets and any other mess up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)