Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single Parent Program at Endicott College!

Posted by on May. 28, 2007 at 7:01 PM
  • 4 Replies
hey...

i just joined the group, but i wanted to tell everyone about the program i am in at endicott college in beverly, massachusetts. i dont know how old everyone is on the board or what your education situation is, but i thought i would pass this information along just in case it might help someone!

endicott is a beautiful, private college in beverly that is on the ocean. it is such an amazing school, and has so many different majors to choose from. recently, endicott has started what's called its Keys to Degrees or Single Parent Program. i live in a big, beautiful apartment on campus with my roommate and her daughter...so you are paired up with someone else in a 4 bedroom apartment, and both you and your child get your own room. the apartments include your own bathroom, closets, sinks, family room, and a kitchen that includes everything. it is in an actual dorm, only it's an apartment, so you really do get the true college experience. there are also laundry facilities in the dorm, so you dont ever have to drag your laundry somewhere.

when it comes to the kids, everything is so amazing. you get to choose any daycare in the area for your child to attend while you are at class (my daughter attends this beautiful, private one) and the school pays for it. it is so amazing.

we also have a HUGE support system. we currently have 6 girls, and 2 girls and a guy were just accepted and are coming here this fall! it is such an amazing program, and it really gives you a chance to attend college and be with your child, the best of both worlds. we have biweekly meetings both with the program director and with a social worker just to see how we are doing and if there is anything we need.

the school is expensive, but the program gives you TONS AND TONS of grants. regular tuition is about $33,000...we pay between $2,000 and $3,000. i paid even less than that this year because i got a few extra scholarships from the program for my grades.

if you guys want anymore information or have any questions, please feel free to send me a message...i just want to spread the word about it because it has seriously done so much for me...i came all the way from phoenix, arizona to be in the program, and one of the other girls came from san diego. i am going to be a Junior this year and i absolutely could not picture my life any other way! :)

here is the link to the program on the school website:

http://www.endicott.edu/servlet/RetrievePage?site=endicott&page=SingleParProg
by on May. 28, 2007 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Marcia01
by on May. 28, 2007 at 7:19 PM
Wow sounds like a great deal.  If I were 20 years younger or not so intimidated by the whole college situation I would consider it.  It sounds like you have found your home for the time being.  Good luck to you with your studies. Thanks for sharing the info.
Dantesmom
by on May. 28, 2007 at 9:22 PM
I looked at Endicott's website and if they offered more Science rograms I'd be interested. I'm currently working on a BS in Geology and plan to continue thru at least a Masters program. It looks like they are adding a Biology program to their acedemics hope-
they will add other science programs. I've found that many universities that focus on sciences do not accommodate single (or married parents) near as much as liberal arts colleges. I know my college is sorely lacking (which I hope to change)!
jrzygrl15
by on May. 30, 2007 at 10:16 PM
Excellent Information we can use, someone on this site will definetly take advantage of this.
boricua
by on Jun. 2, 2007 at 8:32 PM
That  sounds like a very good program.  You are very lucky to be in it. Congratulations.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)