Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Am I pathetic

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 5:02 PM
  • 10 Replies
getting dressed up to go out to dinner with my kids...I have no one else to go out with. If I don't dress up with them then who with. A year ago I had a husband to do things with but he has left me so it is the kids or alone....
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BbKylah
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 6:45 PM
I don't think you are pathetic at all!! I'm only 21 and have a 5 month old baby girl... her father broke up with me shortly after she was born because "it was too much of a hassle to find a babysitter" and so he didn't want to go anywhere with me. I don't have any friends left all I have is my baby... I go out to eat all the time (to family resturants)  just me and her... yeah it makes me feel like a loser but at the same time I remind myself that she is all I need...

I don't know if that has anything to do with what you were asking about but I guess I kinda vented... sorry... but I do hope it helps a little bit... just know that you aren't the alone... you do have your kids...

Peggy1984
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 7:21 PM
In no way whatsoever are you pathetic! i thinks it's sweet to go have dinner w/ your kids and dressing up is part of the fun. besides, if you look good, you feel good, and who knows who you might meet! have fun!
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2007 at 10:07 PM
when i go out with my girlfriends, i find getting dressed and looking pretty is the funnest part!!

and i, too, take my kids to dinners at good resturaunts! they are my fam and the most important peeps in my world.
1sttimemommy923
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 11:35 PM
nothing wrong w/ that at all. It teaches your kids family values and manners at the same time giving u a chance to spend QT with your kids. It is sometimes nice to invite another adult even a family member just so you can have the company of another adult though

mihughes04
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 11:38 PM
I dont think soo. I go out with ny kids all the time and I loved to get dressed up....Its fun plus they also enjoy it...

Maria

jrzygrl15
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 10:52 PM
Keep doing what your doing, you are making a life for you and your kids. I go out to dinner with my kids all the time and everywhere and guess what I am not alone, I'm with them!!!  I go out to the movies alone all the time, I have no date and I refuse to miss all the good ones! I alos go out to dinner if I want, most places have a to go menu and I sit at the bar get a drink and an appetizer and wait for my meal and take it home. Moral: you can enjoy being with yourself and your children and not be alone!!!
staci_allan
by on Jun. 11, 2007 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi, trust me, you arn't the only one who feels pathetic right now. My husband left me a week ago, and to top it off, I have a broken ankle. I have two small children and yet I feel so alone. I do have family that takes care of us, and a great support group of friends, but none of that seems to help how I feel. I just know things will get better. They have to! Hang in there!

family0722
by on Jun. 11, 2007 at 7:14 PM
its not pathetic ive had 6 children and both my ex husbands cheated and abused me my kids are grown now weve always done things togeather it made them happy and me also, me and my oldest daughters would get dressed up go out dancing go out to dinner it was very enjoying. to this day its the same the fathers arent in their lives at all but ive always been there they are grown and ill always be there, ive learned life is very  short in oct 2004 my 22 yr old son was killed and in oct 2005 my 20 yr old daughter passed away there are no words to explain the hurt and pain, as days go on it gets alittle easier but i will never fully heal.
mom4tnt
by on Jun. 14, 2007 at 8:31 PM
I think you are an awsome mom! I kind of felt that way at first but I am about to take my kids on a weekend trip ALONE, something I never thought I would do. I think its great you go instead of sitting home thinking about it. 
lolaharrsmom
by on Jun. 15, 2007 at 10:01 AM
I think it is awesome that you get dressed up and go out with your kids. I take Harrison on dates with me. I have not in a while $$$ is tight, but when I get extra $$$ we go on dates. who else would I go out with.

Lola
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)