Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dating Advice????

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 7:29 PM
  • 13 Replies
Hi there well I have been divorced now for 5 years. My longest relationship since my 10 year marriage has last 3 months. I am tired of being alone but have no clue as to where to meet people. I have tried the online thing and well I seem to only meet the guys that want just a fling. I am not into the bar scene. Does any one have any suggestions??
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marcia01
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 7:48 PM
I hear ya,  I am not into the bar scene either.  I did the eharmony and have only met one rather descent guy , the rest of the matches are way out of my area, and i specified a 50 mile radious.  The rest only want a fling and I'm not about to sleep around not at 45 yrs.old.  I don't plan on being a bad example for my kids,  I went thru that with my last relationship.   I was married 21 yrs. and dated a guy for almost 4 years,He wanted the good life but not the committment even after he said he did many times thru our relationship.  I just got sick of the games and called it quits. 
So the big question is ----- where to meet a guy?  I am hoping one comes to my door, not really, would be nice,  I have been going to church singles things,  haven't met anyone, but who knows what will happen in God's time.
Peggy1984
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 7:59 PM
Sorry-I don't have any dating advice, if I did I;d using it myself!
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2007 at 9:47 PM
haha! dating just pretty much sux! i have been single for ten years! i have no problem meeting men, but they all want sex and sorry but im worth more than just sex!!
1sttimemommy923
by on Jun. 9, 2007 at 11:41 PM
Girl pray about it.... yes pray about it. Sescribe the exact man that you want to God, but be specific cause he does have a sense of humor. Then just wait and trust it will be worth the wait. Meanwhile if anyone does come up that you are interested in, ask the Lord to show you his heart. Trust and believe that he will.

boyx3mom
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 3:31 PM
I live in a very small town and the single men here are single for a reason....LOL.  With three boys it is very hard to find the time or energy to date.  I have been single for 6 years now.  I did the bar thing in my 20's and it was one thing to do it then when all the college crowd it doing it, but another thing to do it in your 40's.  I found an on-line site for Christian singles and have made some really good friends and also the love of my life.  Yes we are long-distance but that is working inself out.  We have been together for over a year now.  I began online just for someone to talk to and be an "adult" after being mom all day.  And with being new to the single world....I stayed at home with my door shut for 5 years....I could give out as much or as little information as I wanted.  Try it ....ChristianCafe.com.
tparker504
by on Jun. 10, 2007 at 9:34 PM
I also have done the on-line dating thing. I belong to match.com. You just have to search and search and eventually you will meet the right person.  I have been talking for someone for awhile and things are going very well.  So maybe you should try it.  The bar scene they only want one thing and one thing only.

mamato1diva
by on Jun. 11, 2007 at 7:08 PM
I joined Match.com and met someone who I thought was great, too bad he lied about being separated and was married.  I joined an online yahoo group for the adults in my area and have met some very nice people and some very interesting characters.  My best date was when I placed an ad on craigslist for company at a Starbucks to listen to music...He was great but our schedules are so tight with his 2 children and his job along with my job and my diva's activities that the timing element was aweful.  Some of the guys I work with want to fix me up with some of their friends, maybe I'll try that when I have a free weekend.  My daughter likes to pick out cute guys at the park or places we go, I actually got 2 numbers just by going to the playground and starting small talk!  So get out there, they are out there...just trying to find one that is right for you is the hard part.  I'm not the prettiest most thin girl in the world and most guys state they want a thin active attractive female...oh, please they are't model quality either.  Good luck on your quest. 
Williams4
by on Jun. 18, 2007 at 4:38 PM
Hey Mamato1,

I have an 8 yrs old daughter that did it to me at the mall before I found my guy. Plus, she was very slick to pick the cute ones cause she won them over with her cute charm. Now that I have a man, & say that one guy comes up to me & starts talking then it's a problem cause she tells them like this "My mom is taken & loves my daddy very much so 2 step it on."

Quoting mamato1diva:

I joined Match.com and met someone who I thought was great, too bad he lied about being separated and was married.  I joined an online yahoo group for the adults in my area and have met some very nice people and some very interesting characters.  My best date was when I placed an ad on craigslist for company at a Starbucks to listen to music...He was great but our schedules are so tight with his 2 children and his job along with my job and my diva's activities that the timing element was aweful.  Some of the guys I work with want to fix me up with some of their friends, maybe I'll try that when I have a free weekend.  My daughter likes to pick out cute guys at the park or places we go, I actually got 2 numbers just by going to the playground and starting small talk!  So get out there, they are out there...just trying to find one that is right for you is the hard part.  I'm not the prettiest most thin girl in the world and most guys state they want a thin active attractive female...oh, please they are't model quality either.  Good luck on your quest. 
Williams4
by on Jun. 18, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Hey CKP, 

I know this may sound weird or strange but my girlfriends went to a site to looking for Pen Pals to see if they could get some responds back & then 2 other of my girl friends went to (Don't knock it until you try it.) Inmates-Connections & other Pen Pals sites to find a guy that was in Prison from their towns & found love that away.,

My X-friend who I have been fighting with before she had the baby of the man I took was in prison & that it all started over a letter she sent to him under my name & address. We have been together now for 2 years & when he returns home we will be fighting for custody of his son & that we will be having a baby of our own. 

Trust & believe that the Bar Scences are something else unless you are looking for only a ONE NIGHT STAND. I did try it for a while until I started what my girlfriends did & went to different chat rooms under ROMANCE & started writing to some guys that are in the prisons. 

Let me know if you need some other Ideas,

Nicole from Missouri

ainsnaddsma
by on Jun. 18, 2007 at 4:56 PM
Honestly most of the men I have dated lately....Ive meet through work, Im not talking about co workers.....Im talking about my customers.

Sometimes I see them out in public and thats when it happens......and so on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)