Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sent pics to his Parents

Posted by on May. 16, 2008 at 4:10 PM
  • 13 Replies
I don't know how many of you remember my post about whether to tell his parents(who are in the dark about having a granddaughter) about thier granddaughter. Well I sent a card with lots of pics of my daughter. I told them they had a beautiful 15 month old granddaughter that their son neglected to tell them about. I gave some details about her and my number and told them if they want to know her to just call because I would like them to know her and vice versa!
by on May. 16, 2008 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
braymama
by on May. 16, 2008 at 4:11 PM
I think that is wonderful!
I hope all goes well!
Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
kagaci
by on May. 16, 2008 at 4:14 PM
just make sure you follow through. some girl did that to my family made a big deal out of it and now we never hear or get to see pics. it is really sad that this happened to you but make sure you do all you can for your child
makennasmom125
by on May. 16, 2008 at 6:08 PM
I was in a very similar situation. My ex bf refused to tell his parents about our daughter when I was pregnant (since he left the minute he found out) then 5 weeks after she was born he wanted to see her. I never thought it was my place to tell his parents and I didn't feel that I should have to be the one answering all of the questions about why they didn't know they had a granddaughter but I for sure struggled with the fact that they should know. Finally my ex stepped up and told them about her when she was 4 months old. They were shocked and hurt of course but for sure happy that they now have the oppertunity to be a part of her life. They have seen her a few times now and are just so thankful that I am allowing them to see her and send them pics of her. Eventhough her dad messed up big time I don't think it's his parents fault. I think it is good that they know. Good for you!! Your daughter deserves to know her grandparents. If your ex has a problem with that then that is just too bad. It is about what is right for your daughter- not him. Good luck
valleymominla
by on May. 16, 2008 at 8:28 PM
Good for you.  Grandparents are a blessing.  If they choose to respond and be part of her life that is great.  The more love a child gets, the better.  I still send pictures (within holiday cards) to my exhusbands aunts.  They really apriciate being left IN the loop.
Alaina623
by on May. 17, 2008 at 1:36 AM
You becuase donar is a jerk doesn't mean his family shouldn't know about the baby. At least you reached out and attempted it. I go out of my way to go see my sons great grand  parents that live 3 hours away from me. They are awesome and have never done anything against me.

Alaina
spongbobmom
by on May. 17, 2008 at 7:44 PM
Good for you.  I hope they call and become a part of your baby's life.  If they don't, don't worry about it, it would be their loss, not hers.
MELISSA.S
by on May. 17, 2008 at 7:47 PM
good idea, just cause he is being an ass doesnt mean she cant have a relationship with her Grandparents. I hope it works out for you and your baby girl...
bbyblueAK
by on May. 19, 2008 at 10:31 AM
i hope it works out. please keep us updated on how everything goes
kaedankrafts
by on May. 19, 2008 at 4:19 PM
Ok so they know and called him and screamed at him and he pulled she isn't mine card! They said they want to be part of her life IF she is his child. That just set me off cause he knows she is his and I have been asking for the dna test to be done for over a year and he put it off just like he is putting it off now.

here is my new dilemma he wants me to just drop my 15 month old off with them and then come back and pick her up. These people, though blood family, are strangers to her. I won't agree to it so now he wants to go for custody of her. I am pulling my hair out!
MELISSA.S
by on May. 19, 2008 at 9:44 PM
CLearly he hasnt been a part of her life for the last 2
15 months so they will not award him custody, and didnt he say she wasnt his well why would he want custody of a child he believes isnt his....just keep these things in mind when and if he files for custody so you could bring it to the judges attention....as for the grandparents I think you guy should visit a few times and let her warm up to them first....and then after that it would be cool to send her thier alone...it will be nice way for you to get a little break
Quoting kaedankrafts:

Ok so they know and called him and screamed at him and he pulled she isn't mine card! They said they want to be part of her life IF she is his child. That just set me off cause he knows she is his and I have been asking for the dna test to be done for over a year and he put it off just like he is putting it off now.

here is my new dilemma he wants me to just drop my 15 month old off with them and then come back and pick her up. These people, though blood family, are strangers to her. I won't agree to it so now he wants to go for custody of her. I am pulling my hair out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN