Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Career Advencement

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 10:06 PM
  • 0 Replies

Okay, here is the situation: I could have an opportunity to advance in my career. The problem is I’d have to go into a training program for a little over a year, maybe a year and half.

Being divorced and having three kids - I don’t know what to do. I want to take this advancement. I worry about my ex husband and my having to work and go into training programs.

And what about my house. I’d probably have to sell, which I don’t want to do.

Can my ex really do anything, being that I’m advancing in my career? I do not want to lose my children in a custody battle because I advanced in my career.

The kids could possibly stay with my parents, but I’m still afraid my ex will file papers and try to take them because I’m not there. My mom could even come live at my home, possibly, not disrupting the kids lives.

Can my ex do anything, In the case a case like this, trying to advance and better myself in my career?

Would you or could you leave your kids for a career advancement? Even going back to college was hard, being in classes three nights a week, I didn’t really see the kids then, either!

I don’t know, what to do... Any comments, advice, ANYTHING...

by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN