Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

So Annoyed

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 12:20 AM
  • 15 Replies
I'm about to have my first child in a week and I was texting my ex asking him about how he plans to get here (he lives 3 hours away) in they decide to induce me at the last minute next week...and we were actually getting along (texting seems to be easier)...and then I came to a question he didn't know the answer to...so his girlfriend took over his phone...and eventually after making it obvious she was going to try and make sure she sabotaged his chances of being here for the birth of his son, she signed off saying "we're busy now, this is our "special" night, bye!"

I hate new girlfriends, they are such a pain in the ass. How childish.

~*~Cherish~*~

by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skyad109
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 11:06 AM
i would be pissed...however when that day comes whatever he is doing is not going to matter...i mean i'm sure you would like for him to be there, however if it is gonna be more drama added to the day...good luck and try to keep your cool!
Mariposa1880
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 11:49 AM
He needs to be a MAN!....Which means he needs to be responsible and make his own decisions!...A new girlfriend should NOT make his decisions for him but that's if he is a MAN!....It takes two to have a child and everyone who takes part needs to be there 100% at all times.  He has a responsibility not only to your unborn child but to you as well whether his girlfriend likes it or not!....The fact of the matter is the two of you have a child in common and will need to communicate for the rest of your lives!...Talk to him again and make him understand that girlfriends come and go but your family is there forever!....Good luck with everything and stay strong!
TSPMommy04
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 1:18 PM
I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I think it's wrong that he let his g/f get involved. Hey if he's not there he will have to deal with it for the rest of his life and he will probably regret it. I really don't understand why guys act dumb like that. Good luck with having your baby.
Gemysyn
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 2:06 PM
yeah, it sucks...he seems to think his little girlfriend needs to be involved because he thinks for sooooome reason that she is "the one" and she's going to be around forever and I may as well get use to it because that would be our childs step mother...he's been with her 5 months and known her 6 months and is already talking about having a kid with her one day...when, when he was was me he said he didn't want anymore children (he has a 2yr old son from another ex)...i don't want that psycho girl i don't even know around my kid...it's rather aggravating...i wish he would be a man too. but what can ya do?

~*~Cherish~*~

TSPMommy04
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 5:13 PM
there's really not much u can do. i'm going threw the same thing with my x. My son says daddy's g/f is mean to me. He deny's it but who knows she could do it if he's in the bathroom or something. I just don't want this girl watching my son or driving places with him when it's not her child. I just look at it this way i've moved on and he can atleast respect my wishes and if he doesn't want to then i guess i will just have to let the courts deal with it. I shouldn't have to have my son say daddy's g/f is mean to me mommy.
ali_girl
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 1:14 AM
new girlfriends are such a pain either they try to get the dad to have nothing to do with you or your child or thay try to play stepmom to your baby the just need to learn to back off and leave it up tp the parents
Marcia01
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 8:40 AM

Hi, I really feel for all you single moms with babies and small children.
I am a widow, my kids are 23,20 and 12.  They are all still at home and are a great help to me.
As far as your X "don't expect much that way you will not be disappointed"

and that goes for anyone else in your life also.

I am sure you would like him to be there, but chances are he may not be.

I would call him when the time comes, the rest is up to him.

It may cause you more stress for him to be there, especially if the GF gocomes with him , which is likely, just to upset you.

I wish you alot of luck with the birth of your child, may God Bless you Both.

caprimom0625
by on Jul. 4, 2007 at 5:09 PM
While I hope he does show up for the birth of his child, please be prepared for a scenario where he doesnt. Also if he does show up and he brings the g/f keep in mind that you have complete control over who can be in your room w/you. Hang in there girl.

~Ashleigh~
mom to Jenelle 06.25.06

DevineMom
by on Jul. 4, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Been there, done that. Mine's missed the birth of his child becuase he didn't even want the girl to know he was having a baby by me. I guess coming would of proved that he was being a dog. And our child was a planned baby and the next girl can come along, and he run off and drop everything? Whats wrong with these men?

caprimom0625
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 3:11 AM
They are little immature boys who cant handle the responsibility of being a real man--that's what's wrong w/them.

~Ashleigh~
mom to Jenelle 06.25.06

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)