Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hi. Im new here & was wondering if anybody has had to go to court for custody issues. I desperatly need advice.

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 10:59 PM
  • 2 Replies
My husband had recently filed for divorce in caddo parish. He has also filed for domicilary parent of our 2 year old son. The temporary custody court date is in about 2 weeks and Im scared out of my mind. I need some advice on what to expect and how to handle all this.
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Peggy1984
by on Jul. 7, 2007 at 2:46 PM
Do you have an atty? If not, contact your Legal Aid office-every state has one.A formal decision will probably not be made the first time you go to court,it will probably be continued-I don't know all the details of your situation but that's usually how it works. You have a right to legal representation so try to get the help you need. Also, if you have a friend or family member to go w/ as a character witness, if anything else for moral support. Good Luck!
GracieCarlymom
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 9:25 PM
I am currently in the middle of this fight myself.  I had a temporary custody hearing last October.  MY girls were 10 weeks and 3 at that time.  The temp order was for Wednesday Afternoon for 4 hours and on Every Saturday from 10am till 7pm.  This was largly in part due to my youngest breastfeeding.  WE are scheduled for go back to court next week for the final visitation order.  I dread it.  I spent 3 hours on the stand being crucified by my ex's atty for everything I ever did!  It was horrible however, with all that said, I still kept my girls!1!!!    Expect anything!  If you can think of anything that could be used against you it probably will!  That is your ex's attorney's job, don't get angry or aggitated on the stand, they try to make you do that so you will make mistakes in your answers!  Just calmly think and answer the questions with as few words as possible.  My attorney told me not to worry because he had seen mom's on drugs get to keep their kids, you have to be really messed up as a mother to loose your kids!  Hope this helps to calm you down. I totally understand!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)