Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating Question

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 11:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

Okay, new at datinga all over again. Was married for 8 years. Anyhow, I've been sort of seeing this guy. We've had sex twice, now. But he does not call me the next day, it's like he needs time to ?? - Because one the second day, he's fine. I don't get it.
I've heard of bootie calls and one-night stands, which I thought this might be. But then he kept presuing. Maybe, I'm being stupid - But honestly, I don't really expect this "relationship" to anywhere.
He's a great guy. BUT I don't know, if he has long term protencial.
Any thoughts?

by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Peggy1984
by on Jul. 7, 2007 at 12:06 AM
That's a tough one-been there. They say we're the crazy ones?! Yeah, right!
learose48
by on Jul. 7, 2007 at 12:14 AM

If you are looking for someone serious and you dont think this is going anywhere. honestly- dont waste your time. the more you waste your time with this one the more you lose out on something great thats waiting for you.
But if you like him -dont sweat it. just let him pursue you like you have been. ur doing good. let him come to you. I believe in the old fashion let the guy chase the girl. dont let dating stress you out cause if it does. you ll just give up.. just keep your eyes open and your intuition up.. i honestly believe if your gut is telling you that you think hes using you for a booty call . or a one nite stand. Ur gut is probably 100% right. never lose that intuition. 

Tiffany8884
by on Jul. 9, 2007 at 4:41 PM
If you are wanting a long term relationship then you should probably stop seeing this guy since you don't think it has any longer term potential but if you are just looking for someone to spend time with right now then he is probably the person for you. Sounds like you might need to sit down and talk about what both of you are wanting out of this relationshp. If its not the same thing then both of you need to know that.
bugerbrown
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 3:22 PM
Been there done that. And thank goodness I'm out of it!  It's enough to drive you crazy!  I did it for almost 18 months. The only thing he ever asked of me was that if I started seeing someone, to tell him. I did.  Two months later, he wants to tell me he didn't think he had feelings for me but he does. And he "may" even love me.  Throws things in my world in a big tail spin. But after much consideration and thinking back to the way he made me feel during all that time.  I couldn't take the chance of being treated like that again.  It's a hard call.  If you don't want a relationship then the booty call thing isn't so bad, but if you do, RUN! RUN FAST AND DON'T LOOK BACK!
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2007 at 4:10 PM
ugh i hate that.

its like we need to go back to high school and pretend we're "nice girls" but the thing is, we've been married, and we have needs. it sucks that you sleep with a guy and they never stop using you either.

if you are just dating and not in a serious relationship, he is obviously doing it to make sure you know he's not serious. so i say since you don't see any long term potential, just move on, or don't put all your eggs in one basket and date others.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN