Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Infant Visitation Question

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2007 at 8:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
Does anyone know how much visitation the father can have while the child is an infant? I live in Florida, but if anyone knows what is common, it would be great! Thanks

Heather
by on Jul. 7, 2007 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Peggy1984
by on Jul. 8, 2007 at 7:51 PM
I'm not sure-alot of factors would come into play-baby's age,who else will be caring for the baby-whether or not you're nursing-I would contact Legal Aid-every state has one
misspiper
by on Jul. 8, 2007 at 8:13 PM
My babies were 5 months old and he would come to the home and spend an afternoon with them once or twice a week. Then when they were about 9 months and I moved out of town (our house), he would have them every other weekend. We communicated frequently via e-mail about what they were eating, getting too and so forth. As long as he had all of the equipment at his home he was allowed to care for them according to the judge. I was just lucky that while I stayed in the house he only had a small apartment that could not accommodate 2 infants.
Piper
GracieCarlymom
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 9:17 PM

My Baby girl was 10 weeks and my other girl was 3 old when My ex husband left.  The court (North Carolina) gave a temporay visitation order to my ex of Wednesday Afternoon for 4 hours and then on Saturday from 10 till 7.  This was due to my youngest still breastfeeding ( I plan on breastfeeding till the cows come home if that keeps her from going away overnight!)  We are still waiting to go to court for a full time custody/visitation order.  But the judge said that breastfeeding was a concern for the well being of the baby and that staying overnight would interfere with that and he could not grant that until after the breastfeeding had stopped!  Check with an attorney, usually a consultation is fairly cheap! 

LNeumen
by on Jul. 16, 2007 at 1:23 AM
I don't know how Florida does it and I think every state is different but I do know that one place you can go is legal aid and they usually give free consultations and they are wonderful. 

I also know that in Minnesota many family law attorney's will give a free 30 minute to 1 hour consultation for free so you might want to call some private attorney's for advice as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)