Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scared

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 4:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

I joined CafeMom today, in hopes to find some sort of support, comfort or help.  My daughter is with her dad for the summer and is saying that the best thing for our daughter would be for her to stay with him and start going to school in Boston. I live in MO, I am not re-married, he is. I do not make anywhere near the money that he and his wife make and they are able to give her everything. My job has moved us around quite a bit and she has had to change schools, he has brought this up, how it is unstable for her. He is doing is best to say she is better off with him and me wanting her to come home just shows how  selfish I am.  I do want the best for her , but I don't think money and two parents is the only way. 

by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Tahjanae_s_Mom
by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 4:36 PM
I agree. I think love and support is the best thing for a child. I wouldnt let his mean talking shoot you down...hell you raised her for this whole time except for the "summer" fight for your baby.

Rachael

myspace.com/rachaelrb

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Tiffany8884
by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 4:50 PM
You do what you feel is right in your heart. Just because you are a single mom does not mean you are not as good of a parent as what he & his new wife could be. He is just trying to 'down' you and you shouldn't. Don't ever second quess yourself you are doing the best you can for your daughter that is all that matters.
misspiper
by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 4:55 PM
I would not even entertain the idea of letting her go. If he has more money than maybe he should be contributing more or setting up a college fund for her. A child doesn't need to be spoiled to be happy, she needs to know that she is loved and wanted and it sounds like you are giving her both.

Stay strong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)