Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New & Newly Seperated

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 5:56 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hi everyone. My name is Meg. Im a 32-year old mom of two wonderful little girls. Im also a work at home mom. I make hand-beaded jewelry and rosaries. But that's really not why Im here today.

Yesterday, my husband moved out.

We've been married for a little over 4 years (together for a total of 6). We had our girls pretty close together. My oldest will be 3 in September and my youngest will be 2 in December (lol, they're 15 months apart).

Anyway, back to topic... 

My husband and I have had a rocky time for the past 2 years and probably before, I just didnt see it. We've talked about seperating before (not in depth), it was usually during an arguement. A few times, he packed up and went but for whatever reason, he always came back. This time, he knows he's to get a job and a place and be an adult for once in his life.

Over the course of the past 2 years, Ive graduallly become more and more angry as we drifted apart. Now we hardly talk about more than the kids. He never asks about me. All he talks about is his work, his music and such and Im tired of talking about that. After the kids go to bed, I work on my business, of which he knows practically nothing about and he doesnt ask. But I needed something to do for me. We used to play a game of scrabble, but even then his eyes were glued to the TV.

Consequently, our sex life has gone down the drain to the point where I dread the attempt. Things just got more tense from there. Plain and simple, we just werent happy.

Then Sunday morning I woke up and thought "I couldt divorce you and be okay." And that left me with a newfound confidence. I think even he noticed it in me because this time, he left amicably and aware that this time, it was for real.

He called this morning and is saying all the right things that I hate to hear because I know its smoke up my a$$ (sorry). Seeing is believing this time. He's not coming back.

I know we (the girls and I) will be okay. I make enough to make ends meet; I'll just have to rebudget a little. We'll have to stay home more and do things like walks and trips to the park and things like that. Austin has a great list of places where kids eat free... I can definitely do some of those to make a boring week more fun for them.

The thing that bothers me is I wasnt prepared to feel so sad. I just want to cry all the time. Of course I dont, until the girls are asleep. But my mom called and I couldnt hold it back. They saw mommy crying. My little one said "Mommy's crying" and gave me a hug. I was a little older than she is when my parents divorced and I have memories. I wonder what she will remember of this.

It feels really surreal right now. Im glad to find a few groups and friends right now. I can definitely use em.

Megan 5/10/07

MyLogo_cigbanner.jpg

by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Peggy1984
by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 7:05 PM
Hello and Welcome! you picked a good group-the ladies here are very supportive. Try to hang in there and I'm available to chat anytime!
bjmomma
by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 7:21 PM
Hello.  Today is my first day here too!!  I am sorry about your marriage.  I look forward to chatting with you.
Mommyme03
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 12:54 PM

Hi

I just wanted to say hello and let you know you're not alone. I remember the crying at night, I still do it from time to time though it's few and far between now. My dd was young when her dad and I split.. about 18 months. She doesn't know any different now I guess but it still makes it hard for me. I work at home too and sometimes I think that was both a blessing and a curse. I was always always in our home and didn't have leaving to take my mind off it for awhile everyday. I guess my marriage was headed for disaster but I blocked it out for a long time and your story sounds familiar. We drifted apart and I honestly became angry at him for lack of interest in me and my life, wants, desires. We'd argue, he'd pack but always came back. Finally I had to tell him to just go, and he stayed gone.

Well it's been 2 years now since he moved out and I can see clearly now. I am finally in a place where I can be happy. It's just me and my 3.5 year old we make it just fine. You'll get through this, don't be afraid to ask for help! I know for awhile I was embarrassed to call my friends and cry because it made me look weak. Well I needed them and they were there for me. You're going to feel sad, very sad for awhile but then it will fade. I wasn't even aware of how it was fading really it just did.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)