Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

problems wit th ex

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 11:58 PM
  • 1 Replies

right now problem wit my ex-husband is his attuide.see he's  been to war and when he came home he wasn't the same man i married and fall in love wit.and lately i never know his gonna blow up.and dats what scares me the most whats to say he don't go and have a black out and hurt our child and to top it off he owns two guns.his never hite me or my son or hurt us in any other way but that was something dat was on my mind even in our marriage and even more now b/c i don't know what goes on when he has our son.and see right now his mad at me b/c i told him he can't see his son until he strats helpin me support him and he told he will see his son no matter what i say or try to do...so no i'm worried even more.i just don't know what to do bout this anymore.

by on Jul. 10, 2007 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
jg524
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 2:22 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your issues with your ex. I had similar issues with mine (anger, dominance, etc.) throughout and even now after the divorce. My ex is in the military (as I'm assuming your was/is) which at times complicated things but also made things smooth. A few questions for you, if you don't mind: Has he seen a counselor for his stress from the war? Is he paying child support/spousal support? Are you keeping a journal or record of the times he becomes angry with you? If he is still in the military, there are ways you can get him (and yourself) help with taking care of your son.
My ex was also not the man I married but his was not due to the war - it was due to his infidelity. I caught him in an affair and he decided he wanted a divorce. It started out amicable but then he turned violent (screaming, throwing things, even kidnapped the children once). Everything went downhill from there. I obtained a restraining order but he was still being vicious about me with our boys. He tried many times to use them against me and then try to bring it up in court. 14 months after the divorce started, it ended, and so did almost 9 years of marriage. I moved out of state and here we are. It's been tough but I know how the military system operates and how to navigate it. If you need help with it, let me know.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN