Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

i need dating advice...

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 11:08 PM
  • 6 Replies
ive never really had a "normal" relationship. i was messed up with drugs and bunch of other stupid crap since i was 15. now that im clean and have a baby i have no idea how to talk to guys. i feel like a dorky awkward 14year old again. its like i never learned how to do shit. how do non-addict people function? seriously how do you do it? for so long all my relationships were about getting something for as little as possible.im clean but i still act the same minus the nodding off. plus how do i explain the baby situation me and the dad were never together. any suggestions? 
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Peggy1984
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 11:44 PM
First off, BRAVO to you for getting it together! Dating advice? Yikes! I'm 39 and I STILL don't know. What I do know is that most men are dicks! Don't worry about explaining the baby thing, nowadays everyone has a least one child from a previous relationship. Just don't introduce him to your child too soon! Good Luck!
amigles
by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 6:42 PM
Good Job. You should be PROUD of yourself! My advice would be don;t rush in.  Let love find you. Spend time with your baby and do things you enjoy for yourself like reading, going to the park, getting you nails done maybe.  Once you can enjoy being you, and doing things for you and your child someone will notice and fall in love with you. But you should be comfortable with who you are first. Easier said than done I know...I want love. But I am trying to take care of my son and myself 1st :) I Hope this helps you. And don't worry about explaining the baby issue.  Because if this person really likes you it WONT be an issue.
Austinsmommy416
by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 6:45 PM
Well, I don't really have any advice.  I am in the same boat as you.  I wasn't ever on drugs or anything like that, I just had no interest in dating while I was in school so now I feel like I'm acting like a 13 year old in puppy love when it comes to guys.  I guess you just have to get through that stage and become comfortable just being yourself before you can have a grown adult relationship.  Hope that helps.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2007 at 6:47 PM
lol me too. i cant give you advice because im totally incapable of sustaining a relationship with any kind of man. in have issues for days. i have been single for TEN YEARS.
Girleigh
by on Jul. 12, 2007 at 10:41 PM
lol  I could use some advice as well.... lol   I am really good at being single..  I either pick the totally emotionally immature guys or i pick apart the rest..  I get annoyed so easily..  Ahh!! some days i prefer to be single because i tend to date guys that want to monopolize my time.. other times i really want that traditional family..  I've got the house, the kids even the dog..  but no man...   right now though i dont feel like i have the right to date.. being 4 1/2 months pregnant by the last immature guy i dated...  who i am obviously not with anymore (my choice) obviously i was overly in the moment and SURPRISE!    Ahh! thats all i can say...      Sorry I couldnt give you any advice..  well except that--  Awesome you got yourself together! and hang in there you are not alone in the confusing mess of dating with kids...   :)
melss07
by on Jul. 13, 2007 at 9:50 AM
Advice on dating is so hard to give. I was married for 6 years, well I guess I really wouldn't call it married. He beat me and cheated on me for all those years. The only thing I got out of it was my wonderful children. I have a boy friend for almost 3 years now and I am lucky. It took me over 6 months of dating him to let my kids even meet him. Now we live together and have for 2 years. Dating is hard. We have our ups and downs as much as any relationship. My only advice is to not move too quickly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)