Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little about my situation

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
hello, my name is Heather and I am very recently an officially single parent.  My son is 2y. 8m, and is my joy and strength.  His father and I were together for 17y, since HS.  The year I became preg. he started his own business. I was supporting us, which was agreed upon.  But, during my early pregnancy he started not coming home, on a reg. basis.  I don't know why I stayed so long, I tried to leave @5mos. preg, but came back.  Needless to say his disappearing acts became more of a regular thing...To find out later it was d/t a drug problem.  I left April 4, after I told him 2 days earlier if he ever didn't come home again it was a deal breaker.  And, must to my dismay 2 days later he didn't come home.  He always had excuses and I just needed.... But, my son and I are  temporarily living w/my father.  I am starting work again soon.  And I cannot believe how much better my son is doing w/out my stress and an in and out daddy.  By the way, my ex hasn't seen our son since 4/3/07...Doesnt this seem weird to you?  It does to me.  You couldn't keep me from my son EVER.  Anyway, it would be great to hear from anyone.  It is a little lonely and VERY scary.  thanx for listening.
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
smlece121
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 6:14 PM
good luck with everything, im sure it was hard for u to leave but we have to think bout our children in those situations. u were togethr for a long time, i was wit my husband for 4yrs when he left for someone else and it was sooooooooo hard but things are really starting to come around. keep ur head up
Janet455
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 6:36 PM
Yes, it is scary and lonely, but you made a wise decision for you and your son. As time passes, you will find a strengh and a way. I am also going through the same situation and find myself crying a lot. I do not know how my future will turn out, but somehow I have faith that everything will be OK. It is not an easy path, but it is worth to have a life with respect and dignity. And it will find you.
LNeumen
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 1:37 AM
Well, I know what your going through is hard, and it's something that I am about to be going through myself.  I am glad to hear that your  son is doing better and I believe that you did the right thing, even though it was probably one of the hardest decisions you've ever had to make.
catgirl
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 1:47 AM
Hi. Heather is my daughter's name. I was with my ex for 20 years and have  been separated since July 2005 and divorced since March 2007. He left for a month while we were still together and would not answer phone msg. etc. When he came back, I found out he was with a woman. I kicked him out and moved on and have never been happier. He moved to another state and does not have any contact with either one of our children. My children are 24 and 15. it does get lonely but in time it does get easier. Anytime you need an ear I will listen to you. If you want you can request me. Take care.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)