Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

depressed about visitations

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 12:27 AM
  • 7 Replies

Our son is doing his first overnight visit with his dad this week. One of the agreements we had was that when the baby was 6 wks. he'd be able to go longer (read 1 night at a time) visitations when my ex pics up our other child. So far, his dad has only been able to visit him at my house for an hour or so. I'm not worried about him taking care of the baby, he was a dream with our daughter, he read the books and the magazine articles and he was damn near "mr. mom" with her. I'm just sad because this will be my first time away from the baby for more than an hour or two at a punch. Our daughter is THREE and I still don't like being away from her. I'll have my first day of work on Saturday so it's not like I'll never be away from my kids, and frankly, I'd rather they were with thier dad than a stranger but still. I'm sure ya'll understand.

by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Marie-Z
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 12:29 AM
I kno how you feel...I cant stand to be away from my daughter even if its just for a couple hrs to go out & do sumthin for myself for a lil...I have to constantly call & check on her & do nuttin but think about what shes doing & how i cant wait to get back to her....its amazing what kids will do to a person....
sixhavei
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 12:30 AM
I completely understand.  My children go spend the summer with my exes parents and he comes down to visit the girls maybe one week.   It is a nice break, however, when they leave I cry in hysterics.   After about a week I get use to it.  I know I miss out on the summer but I am kinda glad I do not have to do the every other weekend thing.  The girls dad lives in Alabama and we are in West Virginia. 
Alyshia
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 11:49 PM
I understand completely I just got both my children back after a 6 week summer visitation. And I thought that I was going to end up going stir crazy without them. Weekends get easier, and in time the summers will too but the first time is the killer. Good luck to ya.
srahlynn
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 11:52 PM

I know exactly how you feel. This weekend was my sons first time away w/ his father. It broke my heart. I felt lost without him.

evanles_mom
by on Jul. 16, 2007 at 12:07 AM
I just left my daughter with her dad's parents last month.She cried and I turned around to help her but by the time I came back to house she was fine as long as I was there.I planned get away trip at the same time so I won't be able to change my mind about her staying.I cried as I drove to the airport and had trouble not doing it the next day.Good luck
brynbremyqts
by on Jul. 16, 2007 at 12:54 PM
I would get depressed about it at first too.  I think after time it became easier.  We have joint coustody.  We're on a five, two, two, five schedule.  Sounds difficult hu?  It is a lot of back and forth for the kids and I hate it.  Once I found things to keep me occupied, making new friends, trying new things (tennis)... it became more routine and easier. 
GracieCarlymom
by on Jul. 16, 2007 at 1:49 PM
My girls Ages 3 and 15 months will start weekends soon, and I dread it.  I will cry I am sure.  My youngest has never spent the night with anyone!  She will only let me put her to bed.  I worry about her!  I don't want her to cry all night and my ex would let her instead of calling me!  I don't know what I am going to do!  (The only reason they have not spent the night with him is that my youngest was still nursing till recently.)  Any Advice???
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)