Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Another no show

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 12:15 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hello again.  I am looking for some feedback.  My sons dad was supposed to see him sat. at 10a.  He was a no show and when I called he claimed he couldn't find his keys.  This of course was my fault b/c he was so stressed out and what not.  So I agreed to let him see our son Sun. today at 10a.  Again no show and no call.  He hasn't seen him since April.  I have filed divorce papers, but he hasn't been served yet.  Do I legally have to agree to let him see him before the filing and custody is established?????  I have no idea. Any help would be great.  Thanx everyone.

Heather
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LNeumen
by on Jul. 16, 2007 at 1:50 AM
I don't know where you live but I am in Minnesota and am in the process of filing for divorce.  The way that I understand it is that I don't have to let my daughers father see them, but that if he brings the fact that I kept them from him up in court it wouldn't look good.

I would just keep setting up times where he can come get his son, but not say anything to your son before hand so that he's no disappointed.  I am sorry that you are having this issue but it is something that unfortunetly happens all the time.
jadedlily321
by on Jul. 16, 2007 at 2:02 AM
Also make sure you are keeping track of all the times you set up visits & especially keep track of all the ones he doesn't show up for.  That will really help.

~jade~
Krissy21
by on Jul. 16, 2007 at 2:11 AM
Poor baby. That must be heartbreaking to your son. I remeber when my dad use to tell me he was coming to get me and never came.I hope u get that straighten out cause that's not fair to your son that he would do that to him.
melss07
by on Jul. 16, 2007 at 11:27 AM

You don't have to let him have visitation but it would be smart if you did. Keep a log of all the dates and times and how long his visits are and when he schedules visits and doesn't show. I did that when I was going thru my divorce.

brynbremyqts
by on Jul. 16, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Keep allowing him visitation time... the more he doesn't show the better it looks for you.  You don't want to go to court looking like the unwilling, uncooperative parent.  The judge will rip you a new one. 
To protect your baby from being hurt by dad not showing, I just wouldn't say anything until dad got there.  Oh guess what baby, daddy is here.  Try to be as cordial as possible. 
Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN