Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

First time mom and single

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:50 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hello everyone,
First I'd like to introduce myself I am a single mom to my 9 month old son christopher. I live in san diego, I am a full time real estate consultant. I also run on a weekly basis. (I just started that) cuse im still overweight from my pregnancy. Is it just me or does your body completely fall apart after you give birth? What the f(&#@! NO ONE TOLD ME THAT!! Everyone said it would be painful but no one said how hard it was going to be to remotely look the way i used to. I'm so jealous of some of my girlfriends who have great bodies like 6 weeks after they give birth. wtf? well please let me know if this sounds familiar to any of you. Maybe i was just too naive to know any better. Maybe we can motivate each other to go on a diet or keep up one that you already have. Thanks everyone. and please any advise to a new mom is very much appreciated.. thank you.
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mae77
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:18 AM

I wasn't in the greatest shape before I got pregnant, but I had lost 55 lbs.  But due to my c-section incision taking 6 weeks to heal, I never got motivated to erercise and now I'm paying for.  Being a single mom and not having any family to depend on for babysitting (including my ex-husband's fam) trying to exercise and be a mom and work is damn near impossible, because I'm funny about people keeping my son.

Xavier's Mommy -Akesha

Renee4477
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:34 AM
I have never been one of those skinny girls. so when i got preggers w/ my son i didn't want to gain a crap load of weight - yeah right! 50lbs!!!. my son is now 41/2 months old and i only have 10 more lbs to go before i'm at my pre-pregnancy weight.  But it is true most woman's body's will never be the same.  I know my ass won't!  but you can lose the weight.  I am in the process of this and it is really hard since i am a single mom too!   Don't do any of those fad diets just do what we all know works... eat right and work out.  it might take longer but it will also last longer!   It is hard but if you really want to change you will do it! if you want to chat message me! good luck sweetie!
chel1023
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:41 PM
I'm not sure how much advise I can give you, I'm single and a first time mom of a two month old so you have more experience than I do, but I completely hear ya.  I see these women who bounce back within a month of having their babies and here I am struggling everyday just to lose half the weight I gained while I was pregnant!  I think motivation from someone else would be really helpful, I'm finding it hard to diet and exercise in a house where no one else is and I'm usually too tired to fight the temptations!!!  I've never had a problem with the "pouch" area of the stomach, now I can't get rid of it to save my life!!! I completely understand where you are coming from!! 
mandajdm7
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 8:17 AM

yes!!! i totallly agree. after i had my son 5months ago my body like changed, and not for the best! lol.. its hard to get it back to normal since you are sooo busy with everything. i knew it would change but i thought i would be back to normal like a couple of weeks after giving birth to jeremiah... nope

mmama0619
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 12:31 PM

i was 125lbs then when i wasnt perg. then i was 160lbs and i am happy to say i am now almost back to 125lbs, but my belly aint the best lookin thing. ya know what im saying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN