Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

why cant i stop giving it up so soon

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 10:26 PM
  • 7 Replies
it seems that every time im really into someone i get easily persueded to have sex, and then i act surprised when of course after its not what i expected, ive been single for 2 yrs. and was married for 18. I never cheated  , now it just seems that i crave intimacy but as soon as it happens i feel used and depressed for days and i seem to be forming a pattern and wondered if anyone else found themselves ever in a similiar situation or any advice on why im acting this way. 

i also wanted to add  that i have no idea howto go from first date to relationship later and have it work   , and thank u for all the great comments and help to everyone.
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2007 at 12:23 AM
me too. i think its ridiculous and archaic to expect us to play the virgin role, for chrissakes! i have kids! i was married! I WANT SEX!!! damn!

i really want a boyfriend but i havent been able to find one. i dont always give it up too soon. just when i really like them, which is rare. but of course, everything is magically screwed up then.

men just suck! lol
coco25
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:11 PM
My suggestion would be for you to take a break from sex until the relationship is serious. So, at least 6 months.  And you need to be upfront with the guy and tell him that you do not want to be intimate with anyone until you feel that the relationship is going somewhere.  Then, you need to stick to it.  If he bails, then say bye bye.  Men who are truly interested in you will not have a problem with this.  Sex does not equal intimacy and a relationship.  And as for the sex part their are a variety of products that will do the job.
stayzee30
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 10:13 PM
Its not just you, we as women want and need affection and attention at some point.  Nobody's perfect, but at the same time you have to re-evaluate what's really important.  Getting you're jollies (for the moment) or being angry with yourself for having sex too soon.  You're more important and quite naturally your child/children are too.  Rule of thumb:  if you really feel that the relationship will grow into something worthwhile then go with the flow.  But if your gut feelings screams at you "NO", then don't do it.    Always trust your instinct, they never lead you wrong. 

mmama0619
by on Aug. 1, 2007 at 1:06 PM
maybe you should wait a few week from frist seeing you date to have sex to see if they are just there to get some and leave, i broke up w/ my sons father for my now ex and i lied to him about something that happen b4 we got togeter, so he broke up w/ me but we are still having sex , sometimes i feel used by him but i love him so much that i just let it go,
Re.Bound
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 3:50 PM
maybe you can ... classify the people you meet better. you can't expect a snail to fly... neither can you expect an irresponsible person to turn into responsible. if you find out the person approaching you tends to be serious in his actions - you may act accordingly. if not - same thing.
in simple words, there are guys to marry, guys to be friends with, and guys just to f*ck... variety rules :))) just don't mistake one type for the other and as a consequence - lay out wrong expectations...
CrystalnSC
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 5:52 PM
I agree with Re.Bound...

Follow the 4 F's
Find'em
Feel'em
Fuck'em
Forget'em

One of my friends told me that a long time ago and whenever I say it, it gives me a sense of power that I can be by myself and you know what, my children might be better off for it.  I am certainly more happy by myself than to be dealing with a man and having whatever problems we are going through reflecting on my attitude when it comes to taking care of my kids.

Good Luck!
Nikki2001
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 4:05 AM
AMEN
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)