Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

hi all

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 12:09 AM
  • 2 Replies
hi my name is melissa and i am a new mom to cafemom! i have a son who is going to be 2 in october. i am a 2nd year school teacher and i am looking for tips or advice in many areas: time management, organization, dating (this is new since i have had my son), any info will help.
melissa
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ekholl
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 12:11 AM

Welcome! You'll love it here...although it wont help much with time management :)

coco25
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 12:22 PM
welcome.  I am a single parent with an 8 yr old and I teach 4th grade.  Time Management?? Yikes!!  My suggestion is to create a schedule and stick with it.  I am not an organized person but the older my son gets the more I have to be.  I have to keep a calender with all of his extracurricular activities and both of our school events ( he doesn't attend the same school where I work), excercise time. 
It also helps to wash and iron all clothes over the weekend and lay them out (I put them on my sons other bed, with socks underwear).  That way you can teach him to choose something and put it on (with assistance of course).  If you take his lunch and snacks with him, then you should make everything on Sunday night. 

I have a no tv rule during school nights.  So, I don't turn on the tv until 8:00.  That's when my son goes to bed.  This way I can spend as much time with him as possible.  This is also when I check papers, do lesson plans, etc.

Dating??  I can't help.  I need help with this myself.  Anyway, I hope that helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN