Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

IN TEARS

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 4:53 PM
  • 21 Replies
some one please help me, my boyfriend just left me and I dont know what to do. I dont want my baby to have split up parents, but he cant keep treating me like this. I feel depressed and alone, I wish i could be strong!
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi37217
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 4:55 PM
you have to be strong. Your child will be just fine with one parent I know plenty of women that have been both mommy and daddy and the children are happy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

my_little_girl
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 4:58 PM
I know, but I dont want my child to have to have spilt parents.
jessnsamimom
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Unfortunatly, that is not something you can control. What your child needs is to have a strong parent. You need to do what is best for your child even if it is on your own. You can't force someone to stay if they don't want to. Right now it hurts, but like the cliche says "time heals all wounds".
Plan your life for your child - not your ex.  Good luck.

alilbitdze
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 5:14 PM
I am so sorry to hear that you are upset. You have to be strong. I'm aware that it is easier said than done. Its ok to cry. Unfortunatly it sounds as if you may be doing that often in the next couple of weeks. However, remember you or your baby don't need him to survive. You must know that you can do it. Why did he leave?
I am going through the same thing. My, at the time, boyfriend kicked me and my baby out when my son was a month old. He didn't want me as his girlfriend anymore. I still cry almost every day and its been 2 months now. I am in the process of working things out but they are looking glim. Write me and let me know how things are going.
CrystalnSC
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 5:15 PM
I myself am going through the same thing almost just a little bit of different circumstances...  A child needs one parent that is always going to be there and if that is you, consider yourself blessed.  I believe a woman should love her children more than a spouse and the one you should always make it "right" to is your child.  Keep strong and as each day passes, it'll get easier.
sweetaya
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 5:18 PM
I am sooo sorry to hear that he left you! I too am a single mother! We have to be strong for our little ones! I never wanted to be a single mom i always wanted my angel to have both her parents also but sometimes it is better for the child to have one really great parent than to have one come and go when ever they please! Just be calm it will all work out trust me and if u need anyone to talk  to i am here...i am going through the same thing you are! You are not alone! It will all be ok!

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" alt="" align="bottom" />
shewki
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 5:21 PM
im a single mom of three kids 11. 13.15. i never thought i could do it alone but believe me im happier now than ive ever been in my life.my kids have their bad days but it would be worse if i was still there.they just dont understand that yet,,they will see when theyre older that i did what i had to.i am strong now and my girls are strong.you learn that you do what you have to and everything makes you stronger <3
if you want to talk feel free hon.chin up.

ms_tmbrk
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 5:25 PM

I know how you feel.  All you can do is be strong for your baby and let him go.  I was with my ex for 6 1/2 yrs and we have 3 kids, two are his and we started dating when my oldest was just 3 m/o.  He decided the family thing wasn't for him anymore.  I worked full time, went to school full time and still had to come home and clean up and tend to the kids (mind you he wasn't working and still hardly ever kept them).  I am much better off now and believe me after a while you will be too!!!

amigles
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 5:29 PM
You are not alone. If you need anyone to talk to you can ALWAYS message me. I was 8 months when I decided to leave my boyfriend. I didn't think the way he treated me was right, and I didn't want my son growing up thinking it was the right way to treat women. I felt so alone, and I didn't want my son to have split up parents either. My mom has been a really good support, and told me that he is loved more than anything with the love from family and friends. Please don't hesitate to message me or use this group. It is very important for you child and yourself to talk to people :)

Much Love~
Angie
bettypra
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 5:33 PM
I am so sorry to hear that but I have to agree with these woman you have to be strong for your childs sake. It is going to hurt i know i have been divorced for almonst a year and sometimes i still cry about it, but i look at my children and know that they are the best things that has ever happened to me and thats what you should do.  You are not alone you have all of us thats what is keeping me strong, And you have a wonderful child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)