Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is weird!

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 10:10 PM
  • 6 Replies
My daughter's due for her one-year checkup (and more shots!); they'll also do blood work on her to check for lead poisoning. I was looking at the lab sheet, and imagine my surprise when I noticed the EXTRA things they'll be screening for: gonorrhea and chlamydia!! Has anybody else had this experience? Do doctors routinely screen the children of single moms for STDs without reason?
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jesstsilly
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 10:28 PM

I hope not.  The only extra test they did on my dd was for iron since I am still b/f'g.

Tisha1115
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 10:29 PM
  can't say that I have. I'd ask why they shouldn't need tested for STD's for no reason, sounds stupid to me. I don't want to sound rude or offend you, but did you havew either when you delivered? maybe that's why. You don't have to answer it was just a thought. Of course if that was the case they would have just done that in the first place.

The medical world tries to charge us for so many things we don't need or recieve anymore. If you don't want it done tell them you refuse they can't do it if you don't want them to.
StarsChildren
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 10:30 PM
You should be able to refuse to have that test done, there is no reason they should need to be checking for that! Its the same as, give your daughters shots so they wont get so and so having sex.

QueenAhmoseII
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Quoting Tisha1115:

can't say that I have. I'd ask why they shouldn't need tested for STD's for no reason, sounds stupid to me. I don't want to sound rude or offend you, but did you havew either when you delivered? maybe that's why. You don't have to answer it was just a thought. Of course if that was the case they would have just done that in the first place.

The medical world tries to charge us for so many things we don't need or recieve anymore. If you don't want it done tell them you refuse they can't do it if you don't want them to.

I don't take offense at all! No, I don't have any STDs, my daughter isn't around anybody who would molest her so I don't understand at ALL where this doctor is going with that. It's possible that she assumed diaper rash (my daughter had been sick with the 24 hr flu and still had diarrhea) was an STD, or that the brown Boudreaux's Butt Paste was an STD! 

melissaluvsevan
by on Aug. 2, 2007 at 11:54 PM
i have never heard of anything like that!!!! that is insane!!!
QueenAhmoseII
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 10:21 PM
OK, so I was looking the lab sheet over again, and I guess I overreacted. She's NOT going to be tested for STDs, just anemia and lead poisoning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)