Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Hello :)

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 7:55 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hello! I am a recent single mom to two beautiful, loving children. How does anyone begin dating again after you spent 12 years with someone you loved with all your heart? I have tried dating but it is not the same at all. I know I still love my ex even though he hurt me and is with the woman he cheated with. A part of me is afraid to move on, a part of me wants back what we had but I know the trust is broken. So what do I do? Spend the rest of my life alone or try to get him back or move on to something new and terrifying. It seems all men just want sex, not love, marriage and more children. Any advice is appreciated!

Alli
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Bliss1203
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 8:16 PM
I broke up with the father of my child close to a year ago.  I have dated, and I know how it feels.  It will be well worth it in the long run.  I can now say that I am happy, and I don't need a man to bring me happiness.  Just let time go by and whatever happens, happens.  Don't plan what your next move will be.  I have my rough days here and there.  For example, I got upset a couple of months ago when I found out that my ex bought his new gf a brand new car and proposed to her.  He never did any of that with me but he's happy and therefore I'm happy for them.  I'll never figure out why he's treating her much better, but its ok.  Good luck to you, everything is going to be ok, just keep your head up high. You're strong.
adawna
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 10:14 PM
I broke up with my daughter's father about  4 months ago.  He may or may not have been cheating, I never really found out the truth.  Aside from all of that, he was not treating me the best and we fought often.  I have not attempted to date yet, I know all too well what you are saying about how all men seem interested in sex only, especially if the father of your children can't even stay faithful.  Now he is trying to get me back, and in weaker moments, I feel myself wanting to give in.  The only thought that keeps me from this is my daughter.  I know that if we got back together I could never forgive him, never trust him again.  I want my daughter to grow up having a strong sense of self-respect and to be able to have a trusting, healthy relationship with someone one day.  You will be mirrored by your children as they grow in a lot of ways.  When you think of getting back together with their father, just remember, you don't deserve to have been treated that way.  It is going to be tough, but you CAN do it on your own.  You have the power to make yourself happy and when your children see you happy, they will be happy too.  They will also learn how a healthy relationship works, because you WILL find someone who will treat you with the respect you deserve, just refuse to take anything less.  Until then, look to your children, they will keep you strong.  That is what I have been doing and it is making it a little easier....Keep your chin up!!  
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)