Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ex wants to dress DD like a teenager!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2007 at 4:51 PM
  • 4 Replies
I am so frustrated!  My ex has our daughter this weekend....  So, he takes her shopping yesterday for some new clothes because she has had a recent growth spurt, and he claims he had nothing at his house that fit her.  He brings her by yesterday afternoon so she can show me what they bought together.  I was shocked!  Most of the stuff he bought her is stuff that a 12, 13, 14 yr old girl might be wearing, and she's only 4 1/2!!!!  Lately, here at my house, she has been wanting to wear a lot of little 'girly-girl' dresses, which I think is just fine, because they're sweet.  And I also want to make sure that she is dressed appropriate for her age, not in short denim skirts and wedge sandals!  Her dad tells me that he doesn't like the clothes I buy her, that he wants her to be dressed 'stylish'.  Well I think that most of what he bought her is for girls that are much older, and I told him so.  I had even told him that I had some clothes here that he could take to his place & keep there for her because they still fit....and he REFUSED them!!!  He claims that he can't afford to pay his child support, and yet he can go out & spend $$ just to have a 4 yr old 'dressed stylish'??  UGH!!!!

by on Aug. 5, 2007 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jamie54911
by on Aug. 6, 2007 at 1:17 AM
That's bull shit and you shouldn't stand for it. Tell him like it is, that she is 4 and not 14, and she needs to dress like a little girl. She is!! Good luck

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Luvmylilriley
by on Aug. 6, 2007 at 1:25 AM
I agree she needs to dress like a little girl.. you don't want perverts looking ar your 4 1/2 year old in "sexy" stylish clothes.... remind him she's little and she should be cute not stylish...

https://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/luvmylilriley/

immadismom
by on Aug. 6, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Thanks for the support, I'm furious & can't believe that he would want her to go out looking like that.  I don't think little girls need to grow up any faster than they already do, and it'll be enough to battle it when the time comes, why try to encourage that??? I know that a lot of it has to do w/his girlfriend, they have a baby together & they dress her like that too, so I'm sure they're thinking they'll buy stuff they can use for that kid too, but c'mon, this is sooo ridiculous!!!

andrea210
by on Aug. 7, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Quoting Luvmylilriley:

I agree she needs to dress like a little girl.. you don't want perverts looking ar your 4 1/2 year old in "sexy" stylish clothes.... remind him she's little and she should be cute not stylish...

https://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/luvmylilriley/

i totally agree! there are many reasons you dont want a little girl dressing older than she is. people dont stop looking just cause they're little. i dont want some perv looking just cause my baby has some short skirt or a top thats a little too low or whatever. i want her covered up! my little girl will be 4 in december, shes way too young to care about showing off her body! you need to tell him why you dont want her dressed like that. does he really want people looking at her like they would a teenager?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)