Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

going out

Posted by on Aug. 15, 2007 at 6:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
i'm recently divorced. my ex and i have joint custody (unfortunately), and this weekend he will have our daughter... and i've been dying to go out and have some fun. i don't mean anything naughty or anything. i'd just like to go out dancing or to karaoke or something..... something i couldn't do when i have my 2 yr old with me. the problem is, seems like the few friends i have are all busy this weekend....  would i be crazy to go out alone? the guy i'm dating lives in las vegas and i'm here in los angeles, so it's not like i can just go out somewhere with him (otherwise i would). so i'm not sure what i should do. at this point, it looks like i might be spending my weekend cleaning and working.... ugh...
by on Aug. 15, 2007 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Luvmylilriley
by on Aug. 15, 2007 at 6:52 PM
don't be afraid to go out by yourself!! have some fun.... and then go home and relax!! enjoy your time alone (although I know how much you'll miss your DD)

https://www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/luvmylilriley/

reddmomm
by on Aug. 15, 2007 at 7:10 PM
I agree.  Go out.  Go out.  Even if you have to go out alone.  Don't wait on someone else (your boyfriend or friends) to have fun.  Enjoy yourself. 
cgarlic
by on Aug. 15, 2007 at 8:42 PM
I dont really like going out alone because I think people are judging me for being alone (crazy I know).  If you dont feel comfortable going clubbing or to a karoke place alone than go to the movies.  If you dont want to go to some place like a restaurant  alone than you can sit at a bar.  Usually, especially on weekends, someone will sit next to you and spark a conversation.
Emily1985
by on Aug. 15, 2007 at 8:46 PM

I don't see anything wrong with you going out alone... I do it sometimes myself and I to like to go dancing or karaoke...  If u don't want to go to a huge club alone, go to a kinda small bar and sit at the bar, as another mom suggested, and someone is bound to strike up a conversation w/u... It's a good way to meet new friends!

immadismom
by on Aug. 15, 2007 at 9:44 PM
I have never been brave enough to go out on my own, but I don't see anything wrong with it.  My DD goes to her dad's 5 overnights every other weekend, and I try to make sure that I don't spend more than one night cleaning.  The other nights I spend doing things that I love,  such as reading, taking a quiet walk at the park, shopping, napping, etc.  I have been known to have just ice cream for dinner and a glass of wine when I feel like it.  I know it's not the same as being out and having fun with friends, but it's still 'me' time, and I try to make the best of it so that I'm refreshed by the time DD comes back home.  Enjoy!!

luvin2Bmom
by on Aug. 15, 2007 at 10:26 PM

I'm all for enjoying 'free' time, ya gotta let your hair down and have fun but a little caution to stay safe these days doesn't hurt either .... we have to be careful out there when alone especially when we have our babies to come back home to - - so be careful with the drinking alone at the bar thing...

cty61581
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 12:00 AM
thanks for your input :) i feel a little less apprehensive about going out alone. dont worry, i had no intention of drinking alone. just wanna dance or sing or something. if i wanted to drink alone, i'd just sit in my room with a bottle of wine :) lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN