Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lonely

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 6:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
So I am a 32 yo mom of a 6 week old baby and I am feeling pretty lonely.  For the last 4 weeks or so my "really supportive" friends have not stopped by to see me and the baby, or even really called that much.  I really need to have some adult time.  I know everyone has their own lives and what not but now that my baby is not brand new anymore, noone seems interested.  None of my friends have kids either which does not help.  They dont even call to ask me to go out, i could get a babysitter ya know.  Did this happen to anyone else?
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CrystalnSC
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 6:49 PM
This happened with both of my kids.  Just reach out to one of your friends, plan a night to go out and have fun. Good luck!

Crystal

www.cafemom.com/group/elvis

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 16, 2007 at 7:06 PM
aawh im so sorry... i am 32 as well but my kids are 12 and 9. and i was a teen mom but all my friends were preggo at the same damn time. (there was nuthin to do in my town can u tell?)

have you tried calling them and letting them know you want an evening out? maybe they ae giving you time to rest and dont know you want to have some time away.
tinkerbellava
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 11:09 PM
sorry hun.....that's such a tough time too!!! I went through that too.....  I had some post partum depression (just a little though).  I felt so lonely and worthless....everyone fusses over you until the baby comes then they forget you and fuss over the baby...leaving you to feel like you're just in everyones way and like they wouldn't even noticed if you left....then they all just leave and all of a sudden.....everyone is gone and you are completely alone....honey get on the phone tell your friends..."hey!!!  I need an adult to talk to please...I'm desperate for some me time!!!"   this is the time when they figure you are just too busy with a baby and all so they don't want to bother you.....plus...if they don't know how lonely you feel they can't help!!!!  They are probably just giving you time to be alone with that little one and since as you said they don't have kids...they don't know how lonely it can be!!!!  You need to call them....be pitiful about it...you have a right!!!  Ask them if you can tag along for some "grown-up time" for a night....once they realize you are wanting  to get out they will start to come around a little more and start calling and checking in with you more.  They just want to give you space now and until you tell them they don't know wwhen it's enough!!!   and most of all.......GO HAVE FUN!!!!!!   It takes a happy mommy to care for a happy baby!!!

~Adrienne & Ava

manders018
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 11:11 PM
To make the situation worse for myself I moved to a town where I didn't know anyone. I say call your friends and ask them to do something. It is important for you to have adult time, and Congrats on the baby!
2rugrats
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 12:08 AM
i understand completely. it happens to all of us moms at some point. my first child was born when i was just barely 18. none of my friends had children and i spent a few very lonely years just raising my son. however once he was in school i was able to work again, meet other moms from his daycare and school  so i got back into being a social human being again. back when i had my son they didn't have websites like this though. i have taken full advantage of this site. i found groups local to my area. they have a monthly bunco  party. also when i find moms with kids similar to my childrens ages i plan playdates. it gets me out of the house, keeps my adhd child from driving me crazy cuz she is bored and the biggest one i get ADULT  CONVERSATION.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)