Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is the father to your children around?

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 7:41 PM
  • 44 Replies

Poll

Question: Just wondering if your children's father is in the picture?

Options:

No not at all

only on the holidays

when he feels like it

yes, very good father

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 120

View Results

~*alisha rose*~

www.GoVeg.com

by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misskrissie
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 7:43 PM
No, he's not. I killed him. (Okay, well i didn't REALLY, but i wish i could! He was a no-good, 2-timing, deadbeat BOY who cheated on me after i became pregnant. He is rotting in jail for a little while now! Ha! Karma is working for me!)

~Kristina (Krissie)

"FIND SOMETHING WORTH DYING FOR, AND LIVE FOR IT. I FOUND MY 'SOMETHING' IN MY UNBORN CHILD!" 

LotusMoonflower
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 8:11 PM
My son's biological sperm donor didn't see our son for almost a year after we broke up. We went and got that straightened out and for the past 2 years he had been really good....until he met his current girlfriend. She has two children (they moved in together a month after they met & she was five months pregnant with someone else's baby) and he's raising her two children as his own.....so, now my son is, once again, fatherless. Which is fine, we don't need him...we never did.
sosojenn
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 8:42 PM
Never was.
Never will be.

shasha22366
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 8:47 PM
I think that Mason's father comes around only because he feels guilty.  I'm doing this one on my own, and I'm not sure how I will handle it when Mason asks about him.  I will worry about that when the time comes.  I didn't ask for child support and his name is not on Mason's birth certificate, so he will have NO rights to him unless he gets a paternity test, which I highly doubt he will. 
boomer0703
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 9:48 PM
My biggest concern is when she gets old enough to ask why she doesn't have a dad, when everyone else does.  How are you supposed to respond to that?
tinkerbellava
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 10:52 PM
I too have no intention of EVER  talking to him again!!! he is nothing more than a "biological contributor" to me as I have said many times in this group!!!  He was a lying, manipulative, drug addict with violent tendencies!!!  His name was never put on her birth certificate and I don't want a single dime from him....he once gave me $25 to help me out and said he would give me $50 a week from then on....but then the next week he ended up borrowing $20 back from me and that was the last time I say any money exchange between us!!!! I figure if he wants to see her he'll have to prove he has a right to by taking a DNA test which I fully intend on making him pay for...and then I will request that the judge drug test him regularly...(and yes I can request that I asked a local Sherrif!!!) Plus thanks to him...I'm already pre registered on a list for domestic violence shelters so I qualify for free legal-aid on any of this matter!!!! as well as a room in any emergency shelter in the state!!!  Not to mention the restraining order during my pregnancy doesn't look good on him either!!! which I still keep even though it has expired just in case I need to show proof to a judge!!!! I am very protective of my daughter and don't answer my phone unless I know the person calling!!!!  ( he has tried to call before always from a different #...although we will see if he bothers to call for her birthday!!!) I'm kinda curious about that....not that I will answer...just wonder if he'll even think about her that day!!!????  Oh well...we are MUCH BETTER off without him  and prefer it that way!!  Major love to all you single moms....it's a hard but rewarding job and the best one I've ever had!!!!

~Adrienne & Ava

Fragyl
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 11:47 PM
I was married to my sperm donor for 6 years.  Ironically I have only been divorced from him for about a year and 4 months.  We were physically separated when my son was about 7 months old.  (He didn't want to divorce me because he didn't want to marry his mistress) My ex-nightmare came to see him on his 1st birthday and when he was a year and a half old.  My son has not laid eyes on him since.  It has been about a year or two since the last time my ex-nightmare called for my son's birthday.  More than that since he has called for Christmas.  This February he had his Mom send a card in his name for my sons birthday (His birthday is in NOVEMBER).  He has no excuse whatsoever, except that he is an lying, cheating, abusive, weak and stupid excuse of a man.  I don't really want him around my son to teach him any of that crud or how to be the wrong kind of man.
My son is 5 years old.  He has asked about his "Dad".  When he was younger I told him that his father was busy working.  Now my son knows that we are not married anymore.  Out of curiousity I asked him if he wanted to be with his "Dad", but he said no thank you.  LOL  I love being a single Mom.  I've no intention of chasing after my ex-nightmare to be a part of my sons life.  I sent him an email telling him that he was welcome to see and communicate with his son anytime.  That is it, though.  My Dad and other older family friends have been great role models for my son and they all love to spend time with my son. 

Blessed Be! 

terabear
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 11:49 PM
This is what I am scared of. That the father won't be around like he says he will and that he will have empty promises to her and end up hurting her. I, like most moms, are very protective and she isn't even born yet!
agreatgirl1982
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 11:54 PM
Not at all, i kicked him out because he couldnt commit (we were friends first) then he ran away to AZ with an 18yr old mutual friend(supposivly). He was just going on vacay... yeah okay well itll be a year in Nov. And he calls randomly on my cell, which doesnt get service where i live with my rents. And he doesnt have the balls to call the house phone. There is soooo much to it,  i dotn feel like going into the rest. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Tara
cedrick06
by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 11:55 PM
My sons father had supervised visitation until our son is 1. this started May 4,2007 sinc them he has only seen his son twice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)