Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is the father to your children around?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Just wondering if your children's father is in the picture?

Options:

No not at all

only on the holidays

when he feels like it

yes, very good father

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 120

View Results

~*alisha rose*~

www.GoVeg.com

by on Aug. 16, 2007 at 7:41 PM
Replies (41-44):
HAVYMOMMY
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 12:27 AM
yes he is and he is a wonderful father we still love each other but we live too far away and our lives are to hectic to be together full time so i do it on myown and when he's here it's great
jen_keiko
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 4:19 AM
Okay, can't really vote b/c he visits once a week, and likes to b*tch and moan about wanting more visits blah blah blah but when we offer more time on the only day that everyone can do (The visits have been supervised since they started b/c he thinks it's okay to drink every night, even if he's alone, and that "marijuana isn't a drug" so it's okay to get loaded every other day too.  Also b/c he thought it was okay to give a 4 month old cookies and other hard foods, amongst other very bad decisions) he's like, "No that's too long"...like I have that option.  He also cancelled a visit to go to a barbeque, b/c, you know, that's more important than seeing his daughter.  Riiiigggghhht.  He's doing better now, and she's getting older, but he also uses the visits to hang out w/his girlfriend (who happens to be the girl who one of my ex's cheated on me with!).  Anyway, I do think it's important that my daughter has her father in her life, but not at the cost of her safety.  When she can defend herself more then we'll think about unsupervised visits...

I didn't have him on the birth certificate at first but I was receiving financial assistance from the state and they ordered a paternity test, which he had to pay for after, in order to collect child support, which his FATHER was paying for.  The courts did award me full custody w/"reasonable visitation" and Ali has MY last name.  I did give her his last name but only as a second middle name...hehe =P. 

I think he's in her life only b/c it's the "right thing to do", (this is extremely important to him b/c he's Japanese and it's all about appearances..I'm half Japanese so I can see this).  I'd rather he just put his money where his mouth is...figuratively and literally since he's a month behind on child support and was bragging to his friends (some of whom I am friends with) and even to my dad about how much money he was making.  Did I mention that his MOM paid for the carseat he finally bought for his car??  Yeah, REAL responsible.  Guys suck.
amandaroyal804
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 4:24 AM
My son's "father" is only around when it is convenient for him to be around. He is not allowed over here because i live with my mother and my mother does not allow him over here, and i do not feel safe with my son alone at his house. He is a lying cheating asshole who should be shot. that's how i feel about that sperm donor. all i have to say is karma's a bitch and he'll get his.
ChocolateDrop08
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 4:29 AM
No and never will be....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)