Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My babys dad

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 5:45 PM
  • 6 Replies
Im currently single soon to be expecting mom in about 4mths to a lil girl :o) -- me n the dad are no longer 2gether. I found out a wk later after we broke up that I was prego >> I don't hear frm him much but what I'm wondering is, is it rong to ask him for $$ help now or should I wait till after our baby girl is born. I currently live with my brother in a lil room with no bedroom door no closest and trying to save $$ for a new car as my truck isn't safe for my baby and als trying to save $$ for my own place. I want to ask the dad for $$ to help me with this all but not sure if I should and how'd I'd ask him. Advise greatly needed, please?

--- Stephanie :o)
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Tisha1115
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 5:55 PM
  In my opinion it all depends on if you want himinvolved in the babies life or not. If you do ask to meet him  in a public place for lunch or coffee. don't beat around the bush tell him straight out what you need him to know. On the other hand if you don't want him to help raise her and only want money than don't tell him at all. In my opinion the dad should be involved unless he is unfit.
Emily1985
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 5:59 PM
If he wants to be a part of  your baby's life he should help you out throughout the pregnancy as well as after your baby is born..  My oldest son's father was NEVER around, never helped me out in any way, eventhough I begged him to.  I don't think it is wrong at all for you to ask him for help because taking care of you is taking care of the baby at this point!
Stefy80
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 6:19 PM
The dad knows I'm prego, and that I'm having a baby girl. He don't speak to me much 'cuz we broke up. I told him this isn't about us anymore it's about the baby. He lives in IL and I live in NM - so we have quite a distance between us. He'll email me once in a long while asking how the baby is doing but that's it. Don't ask if I need anything for our baby girl or send me anything (he has my address; this I made sure of)
NisaSimone
by on Aug. 19, 2007 at 10:56 PM

If you're comfortable with asking then go ahead but he hasn't made any effort in seeing if you need anything so he might not help. Has he helped you out financially when you two were together?? If so then maybe he'll be cool and help you out. Unfortunately you can't make him do anything till your baby gets here. Then you can take him to court if you choose.

OmsYankeeMama
by on Aug. 20, 2007 at 12:44 AM
If you really do want to have him around then go ahead and ask, but in my experience you're better off just cutting your losses and working on being the best mom you can be. Good luck and congrats.

Sara
Stefy80
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 2:13 PM
Well I asked him for help and to my suprise he said he'll see what he can do that right now he don't have much money (yea me either). Well at least he replyed to my email so we'll see what happens :o)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN