Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How do I get him to go to bed??? Posted to others.

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2007 at 10:33 PM
  • 2 Replies

My ds WILL NOT for any reason go to sleep before 11pm and stay asleep most of the night. A lot of the time he will be awake until 2 or 3 am or until bf gets home, (which is anytime between 10pm and 7am) no matter how hard I try I cannot get him to go to bed!!! School is starting I’m about to start a new job and I want to put him into daycare. I don’t know what to do. I’ve been told to feed him, bathe him, give him a bottle of warm milk, put him in the bed and let him cry until he falls asleep…tried that he screams like somebody is pulling him apart by his limbs. I’ve also been told to let him do it and he will get on his own schedule…yeah…not really happening. Any suggestions???

It's been a long and hard road, but we're making it...
Daisypath Ticker

by on Aug. 20, 2007 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jamie54911
by on Aug. 20, 2007 at 10:44 PM
First of all, I am sorry! I hated going through this with my son!! It sucked sooooooo badly!! My advice is to keep a bedtime routine every night, even on days off/weekends. And I see he is a younger child, so even though it is hard, LET HIM SETTLE HIMSELF DOWN!! I can't stress that enough, I rocked my baby to sleep, and it took me over 7 MONTHS to get him to settle down in his crib by himself, and when he would wake in the middle of the night, I would put him in my bed!! AHHH! Now, it's so hard to get him to go to sleep in a "big boy" bed! I would also say don't let them take a later nap in the evening, b/c then he may not be tierd enough to go to sleep. Also, as a night time snack along with the bottle, try oatmeal. I think he'll be old enough for it. It's fulfilling, and it soothed my sons tummy so he felt full, and slept later on, or for more hours. Even if this doesn't work, if you take him to a daycare on 3-4 hours of sleep, he will be so worn out, that he will want to go to bed at a reasonable hour. Hope this helps, if you need any more adivice don't be afraid to em me. *hugs*

Lilypie Baby Ticker

JUSTBMENT
by on Aug. 20, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Thanks.

It's been a long and hard road, but we're making it...
Daisypath Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)