Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Happiness

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 12:43 PM
  • 5 Replies
How do you learn to be happy with yourself? I think that is my biggest issue, Thanks

Going through a divorce (no regrets been a year already), Single mom of two boys 7 and 14, college student Just a little back ground. Thanks
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SharkB8
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 12:56 PM
I've learned that as a woman you are never TRULY happy with yourself.  But you can learn to live with the small things that you don't like ;0).  I learned to love myself by staying single for a long time.  Once I was single and independant and proved to myself that I could make it on my own... i learned to like myself.  It really depends on what you don't like about yourself though.

It's something you really have to figure out yourself unfortunately.  Wish I could help more.

Good luck!!
Kidz_n_Dogz
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 2:33 PM
For me, I took a very long break from dating and focussed on myself.  Took a look at where I was and where I wanted to be...  Studied previous relationship patterns...Focussed on my son...  I never thought I had been the type to rely on a partner for my happiness, but I realized that I had been doing that for  a very long time.  Now I am happy with myself and don't need to get them from anywhere else.

I think a couple of good places to start is through counseling to help you understand why you have done things you have done and get tools on how you can change, through church to get the spiritual support and develop a stronger faith, and through meditation for the internal knowledge.  And give yourself lots of time :)
Alisharose
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 2:58 PM
There are so many pluses to being a single mom I am slowly learning. I just seperated from my husband.  I just have the most amazing relationship with my daughter now. I feel like I have gotten to know her in a totally different way. I get to focus on myself soooo much more! All the hobbies and stuff I have put off because I was with my husband all the time. I love having my own place, with only MY stuff. well I guess I can say I am a pretty independent person. I like being alone. Maybe I was meant to be single, who knows. I know someday I will want to be with someone, but take advantage of the time that you are a single woman. Make the most out of it. it can be a lot of fun. Pamper yourself. improve yourself. learn to love yourself.

www.GoVeg.com

KLBrown
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 2:59 PM
I agree about not dating for a while.  I've been on my own for almost a year and I love it!  Also, going to therapy helped, because my therapist helped me to see things about myself that I wasn't able to see before.  And I've met some new people and realized that they like me for ME and enjoy spending time with me, which just reminds me that I really am a good person!

Kristy
Breastfeeding
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Zodeackgirl84
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 3:48 PM
I'm trying to be OK with being single but someday it is hard. My ex-husband and i spilt up in May of 06 and we were divorced in December 06. He is now married and has a new baby on the way. I'm trying to take this time to learn about myself and go back to school. I'm trying to figure out who I am  for so long I was the wife of Ryan Bradford and the mother of Victoria and Shawn. The mother part will never change and lord know I don't ever want it to they are my life. But now I have to find myself (for me that is hard). find out who I am  with out him. Someday I get so upset it is hard to know that he has moved on with his life and here I am still struggling.                                             
How do is figure out who I am and move past all the hurt. For me the hardest part of all of this has been seeing what it has done to our children. My poor little girl is having such as hard time cooping. I have had to get her into therapy because she is so stressed she pulls her hair out. She is now calling her daddy new wife her step-mom and I know that is what she is to her but it is hard for me to hear those words and even harder to share my kids with another women.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)