Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do u meet men?

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 1:46 PM
  • 15 Replies
ok, so i'm new 2 this group but not 2 being a single parent. my daughters dad and i split up when she was 6 months old cause he cheated on me w/a 17 yr old. we were engaged planning on moving all the good stuff. but my daughters now 2 1/2 and i have bad luck w/meeting men. my daughter is w/me sundays-thursdays and her father on the weekennds so that leaves me really bored.

since my daughters dad i was in one other relationship for awhile but that was a crappy relationship. i know i'm strong and independent when it comes 2 certain things but i just love a mans company. and i can't find men anywhere but online.
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ainsnaddsma
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 1:49 PM
For awhile I was finding guys at the club or bars.......disaster waiting to happen.....Im as lost as you are

*Tanya, mommy of Ainslee Maddyson 8-21-01, Addison Quinn 12-15-02, and new baby to come November 19th 2007

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed"

matthewsmommy44
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 1:51 PM
Cafemom dating group...
http://www.cafemom.com/group/15294 

LoCam
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 1:54 PM
It's so hard!! Where I live it's such a big area but it seems everyone knows everyone. I wouldn't mind the bar/club scene too much because I figure I'm there hanging out, why can't a good guy be there just to have a good time like I am? But I'm getting older and they all seem so young. But I have found that going to the grocery store late at night you see alot of men there. LOL.
HELLOKITTY2570
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 2:12 PM
Bar's and clubs are the wrong places, they're there for only one thing, to have a good time and hope they meet a one night stand.. Do you have any single parent groups in your area? i seem to have luck at the gas station, don't know why but i do..lol..it's a great joke with my friends now..good luck.
VannaT1025
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 2:13 PM
if you go to the right bars you can meet guys there but honestly i meet guys through friends. like meet new girl friends and hang out with them and i am sure that they have a couple of nice guy friends. most of the girls i know all hang out with guys so i would just hang out with them and we would go out with a group of people and sometimes you click with someone and sometimes you dont. i wouldnt meet people on line. you can never tell how they are going to be when they get out in public. people act different in person. start hanging out with new girls or people from work and meet there friends and it will happen
LoCam
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 2:14 PM

Quoting HELLOKITTY2570:

Bar's and clubs are the wrong places, they're there for only one thing, to have a good time and hope they meet a one night stand.. Do you have any single parent groups in your area? i seem to have luck at the gas station, don't know why but i do..lol..it's a great joke with my friends now..good luck.
Me, too! The gas station has been a hot spot for me! LOL. So, make sure you look you're best when you run out for gas. Hey, at least you know they have a driver's license and a car! haha.

smurfette0911
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 2:23 PM
So I take it we are all in the same boat? I meet guys all the time in fact I work with some really hot guys..... Except I'm over weight and they treat me like their sister. The beauty is only skin deep crap is just that...... Of course it has given me a chance to see how they treat their girls and I don't think I'd want them either. So Firefirghters and cops are out of the question......... I met a few online but again I'm not a barbie doll trophy wife so I feel like that girl one of the guy except she  is totally cute.
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2007 at 2:37 PM
I have such a hard time meeting anyone.  I do not go to the clubs or bars...   I guess my main problem is I dont like to leave my kids with a babysitter at all...And I am starting to see that that is going to make it impossible to date...  And, I also notice if I do meet a guy at work or the rare times the kids aren't with me.....as soon as I mention kids...thats it...they dont want anything to do with me.
Isabella706
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 2:41 PM
I recently purchased the "Manual" on how to meet a guy, for my 19 year old daughter.  It is a great book and I would recommend it.  I got it from barns and noble book store in the self help section. 
princessminnie8
by on Aug. 21, 2007 at 3:02 PM
You could try meeting some men through friends and family. I am also a single mom, and have been dating alot lately. I often find that I meet men when i'm not even looking. Like when i'm at the mall, or at the gas station. But clubs, and bars are definitely not the way to go, unless there's a singles night. Good luck!

Minnie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)