Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stretch marks and sex

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 6:46 PM
  • 14 Replies
ok.. so honestly who has them and who is completely secure with them... I hate mine.  I wish I could feel confident and sexy again fully in the nude.. but i just can't.. and I know it bothers my boyfriend, because I refuse to have sex totally naked.. he's always saying baby, i like your body, just get naked.. ... he doesn't seem to care.. but I DO.  How did you... or do you get past that.  I don't have stretch marks all over, I have them only on my belly.  Is there anything you can use to make them lessen in apperance.. i know there's no miracle cream that vanishes them.. trust me Ive searched online.. hahaha.. anyway.. id love to hear your input on this...thanks
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mireyaz_my1
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 7:02 PM

ew, im young rite..im 17 n i thot "oh im not going to get them, my grandma had 15 kids n doesn't have ONE!" well lets jus say i was very WRONG lol i try not to let them bother me buh (my parenting teacher said to look @ them like mommy memory marks) evn w/ that thot thy still do..lol nw i kan still get naked buh i make him turn the lights off it bugz him still buh he gets over it

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2007 at 7:04 PM
i dont have a bf right now. i didnt get much in the stretch mark dept. i have a lil bit of belly pooch after two and i gained weight but generally i think i look great naked! now if i only had any one to appreciate it LOL

kma77
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 7:26 PM
i got em!! almost all the way around my back too. i hate them but have learned to live with them. they do lighten up as you get older. i was the same way, refused to have sex with the lights on. i got older and a lil more secure. but still to this day i have to really trust the person that i am with and feel tcomfortable with them. i do wish that i could get rid of them though

if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane. ~Jimmy Buffet~
beingmommy
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 7:50 PM
The only thing that has helped mine is time. My son is 9 and they are still noticeable but not that lovely purple color. I think the older I've gotten and the longer I've had them the more secure I have gotten about them. I mean, I've got em and they aren't going away! And you'd be amazed at how many men understand that they are from having a baby and they truly don't care.
Alisharose
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 8:27 PM
I have them, but they have lightened up alot where you can barely see them since I gave birth. I do put firming lotion and cocoa butter and all that on my belly two times a day. i don't think stretch marks are ugly at all, though I focus more on hating the extra skin that was left on my belly from getting sooo big when I was pregnant. The stretch marks are wonderful in comparison:)

www.GoVeg.com

Angelkisses5644
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 9:44 PM
Oh lets just say you can map yourself around the WORLD on my body.  I have stretch marks in places I didnt know you could even get them.  No I'm not ok with them at all. I would LOVE to wear a bikini again but thats never gonna happen. 

I dont know if this makes you feel any better but I was at a full nude strip club a few weeks ago and let me tell you that EVERY SINGLE one of those dancers had stretch marks on them. And it wasnt stoping anyone from giving them $. 

For me whats worse then the stretch marks is my belly fat that I just cant get rid of. I lost 60lbs but the last 20 just wont come off. I hate being naked.
purplemomma11
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 9:59 PM
the best thing for stretch marks is vitamin E, you can can do two  things one is a gel like tablet you take like a pill everyday and also vitamin E oil you can put directly on your skin if you both of these every day you should see a differance in a few weeks the oil is kinda sticky you can put a normal lotion on over it and it works best after your shower or bath good luck!
manda.lias.mom
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:08 PM
I  just started having sex ...with a new partner  :P.  Which was scary in itself. He could tell I was insecure about my belly covered in stretch marks, and said to me,  " I know where babies come from and I know your body changes, and you don't need to hide."
jeni6577
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:26 PM
I have em on my lower stomach and they've lightened up a lot (my youngest is 5).  I haven't tried it but I heard mederma works well (it's for all types of scars).  I was insecure too though.  My ex would run his fingers over them and ask if I could feel it.  I hated it cuz I knew he knew I felt fat and ugly at the time (one of the many reasons we're not together).  My current bf appreciates the whole package.  He didn't even notice the stretch marks until I brought it up.  He simply said your body changes after kids right, it's no big deal.  He may be a man but he's totally right.  We're never the same after kids but we can still be beautiful and sexy.  Focus on other things that make you feel sexy and try to move past the stretch marks - I had to do it too.  Good luck.
OmsYankeeMama
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:49 PM
I hate my stretchmarks. I didnt get real big til i was about 7 months and then BOOM! So I have quite a few. I can't stand looking at myself naked, I cry almost every time I think about having sex with someone because I dont want them to see me like that. I know that stretch marks are badges of honor but I can't stand them. I never really felt confident before Om was born so it's way hard now. But try to remember that your boyfriend loves your body and work from there. Just take it one day at a time. Try some affirmations. Something like "I am a beautiful zebra" LOL. Ok not really but try the affirmations.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)