Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

stretch marks and sex

Posted by   + Show Post
ok.. so honestly who has them and who is completely secure with them... I hate mine.  I wish I could feel confident and sexy again fully in the nude.. but i just can't.. and I know it bothers my boyfriend, because I refuse to have sex totally naked.. he's always saying baby, i like your body, just get naked.. ... he doesn't seem to care.. but I DO.  How did you... or do you get past that.  I don't have stretch marks all over, I have them only on my belly.  Is there anything you can use to make them lessen in apperance.. i know there's no miracle cream that vanishes them.. trust me Ive searched online.. hahaha.. anyway.. id love to hear your input on this...thanks
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 6:46 PM
Replies (11-14):
OmsYankeeMama
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:49 PM
I hate my stretchmarks. I didnt get real big til i was about 7 months and then BOOM! So I have quite a few. I can't stand looking at myself naked, I cry almost every time I think about having sex with someone because I dont want them to see me like that. I know that stretch marks are badges of honor but I can't stand them. I never really felt confident before Om was born so it's way hard now. But try to remember that your boyfriend loves your body and work from there. Just take it one day at a time. Try some affirmations. Something like "I am a beautiful zebra" LOL. Ok not really but try the affirmations.
JennaDahl
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:38 PM

Quoting OmsYankeeMama:

I hate my stretchmarks. I didnt get real big til i was about 7 months and then BOOM! So I have quite a few. I can't stand looking at myself naked, I cry almost every time I think about having sex with someone because I dont want them to see me like that. I know that stretch marks are badges of honor but I can't stand them. I never really felt confident before Om was born so it's way hard now. But try to remember that your boyfriend loves your body and work from there. Just take it one day at a time. Try some affirmations. Something like "I am a beautiful zebra" LOL. Ok not really but try the affirmations.
hahaha i like that... "i am a beautiful Zebra!"  you rock!

misspiper
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Oh - I have them. I have twin skin. I am a size 2-4, but my skin just hangs. I no longer have a belly button!!! Since my divorce I have only been in 1 relationship and I was very insecure at 1st, but I found ways to make it easier and sexier. 1st of all the lowest watt bulbs are a necessity, next candles. Then I would take off my shirt when we were very close together. Have you ever felt your stretch marks w/o looking? They may be surprisingly soft. Then when we are just relaxing I either have a sheet over myself or quickly roll over to my belly. I tell you it works.
tinkerbellava
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:50 PM
I too have many stretch marks and have found that when I went to the tanning bed a few times my stomach got darker but they got lighter and now they are barely noticable.  However they are not my biggest problem....my C-section scar is much more of an eye sore!!!  That scar has many downfalls...it not only lowered my personal body image, but it also creates this lovely little "shelf" (to quote Jenny Mcarthy), in which all of my excess pudge sits perched upon!!!  I just remind myself that it's my "mommy mark".......some people have birthmarks and I have a mommy mark!!!  However like some of the others who have posted already....I too have no one else to share it with!!!

~Adrienne & Ava

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)