Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cost of daycare?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 7:59 PM
  • 9 Replies
i was just wondering what people pay for daycare per day, especially for an infant.  i found this great place but i cant afford it, or even close.  its actually more than i make, so i was hoping for some input on what i should look for as far as cost.  Please help!
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shensley
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 8:04 PM
Hey there! I know your pain. I have 3 children and am single again. I have to pay 180 dollars a week for the baby to stay all day and for my older two before and after school. I work 6a-6p by the way. I was on gov. assistance for daycare but they've had to restrict that due to the Medical program falling through. So, I'm stuck with my mom watching my kids as I cannot afford the 180 a week that it would cost me. My only advice is to see if you can get some Daycare assistance from Dept. of Family and childrens services or see if family can help out. For one child it should only be 60-75 dollars in most places a week. That's what I paid for my first child when he was little and his siblings weren't born yet. Hope this helps! Take care and best wishes.
~Shannon
cbean420
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 8:13 PM
this place wants 168 bucks for two full days for a 7 week old infant!
busymom2003
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 9:59 PM
Where I am at in illinois its is 277 a week for an infant. I have 4 year old and pay 217 a week
Angelkisses5644
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:06 PM
I dont have infants but for my kids its $110 each per week. Its the cheapest around too.
jeni6577
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:15 PM
I'm lucky cuz a friend of mine runs a home care and it's $250 every two weeks for both boys.  Before that it was $125 a week for a 3-yr-old at a center.  Definitely check into daycare assistance and they can also send you a list of daycares in your area for you to check out.  It's also a good idea to go directly to the local office as mail correspondance takes a while.  If you go to church ask around there.  Some churches have daycare or some of the older ladies that attend may not mind watching a baby, especially if they're retired.  Good luck with the search!!
amandaroyal804
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:35 PM
I have daycare assistance though the state, where i'm from it's called Title XX (Twenty) because i make so little i don't have to pay anything for daycare, it all depends on how much you make how much you have to pay, but it could be different where you are from. you should look into it.
jamie54911
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:57 PM
When my state worker has time to put my info in the computer, I only pay $25/week for my son, (he's 2), but since I am without assistance, I pay $184/wk. Oh, that's for part time, 20 hours. SUCKS!!!

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lauren326
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:59 PM
In nevada for a 4yr old I am paying 167.50/week.  In NJ for an infant its $225/week.
beingmommy
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 12:00 AM
I used to pay $185 a week for my son when he was a baby. But that was 8 years ago! i am due with my 2nd in Feb and I haven't checked into current rated for childcare. Mostly b/c I don't want to give myself a heart attack! lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)