Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single and afraid

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 9:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

I moved to my sister about a month ago. My baby's dad didn't seem like he wanted to be a dad right now and he wants to have fun and not have that responsibility. But I miss him so much and he says we will get back together sometime but he won't even call to see how his kid is doing. I went after him for child support cdause he wasn't going to send me money. And now i'm stuck cause i' having a hard time any advice
j                               Krissy

by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MVickers21
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:04 PM
I can't say I have any advice, but I can say that I am going through the same situation.  The father of my baby, which is here yet, just turned 21 and doesn't seem to have any interest in my pregnancy because it is more important for him to go out every night.  He tells me he loves me and that he wants to be apart of the baby's life, but I'm scared he isn't going to change when the baby does get here.  I do know that as long as you are doing what you are supposed to be doing then God will bless you with someone that will love you and your baby.  And don't worry about him, he will get what he deserves... maybe not today and maybe not a year from now, but he will, they always do!  I'm really sorry you are going through this, but keep your head up and know that everything works out for the best!
jeni6577
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 10:41 PM

After six years and two kids my ex and I split.  I was going to school and working, on public aid and waiting for child support to start.  I didn't think i was going to make it.  But with the support from family and friends I was able to stay afloat.  I stayed focused and made sure my kids were taken care of and now we're doing a lot better, but it did take about two years.  Hang in there and be strong.  If you can give birth, you can make it through anything!!!  Good luck and GOD bless.

MsSteelerFan1
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Ok here is some hard advice, and I'm not trying to sound rude. But first off he should have thought about whether or not he was ready to be a dad BEFORE he became one.  But here is what you need to do.  Accept that this is not about him and it is not about you.  That was over when you decided to have a baby.  Kids do not ask to be born, we make that choice and it is up to us the MOMS to put those kids first.  It doesn't matter if you miss him that is over.  That child needs you to be responsible and mature enough to put their needs above all else.  Get it in your mind set that you will do what you need to do to give that child the best life possible.  I wanted to be married and not have to work and raise my family.  Then he decided to cheat.  So I picked myself up, went back to school and got a good job and I'll do it on my own.  I will provide for my son without the so called man who couldn't put his child first.  So can you.  Life is what you make it.  Good luck.

svasweety1
by on Aug. 22, 2007 at 11:07 PM
LEAVE THE LOSER AND FIND A SWEET AND RICH MAN
jen_keiko
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 5:05 AM

Quoting MsSteelerFan1:

Ok here is some hard advice, and I'm not trying to sound rude. But first off he should have thought about whether or not he was ready to be a dad BEFORE he became one. But here is what you need to do. Accept that this is not about him and it is not about you. That was over when you decided to have a baby. Kids do not ask to be born, we make that choice and it is up to us the MOMS to put those kids first. It doesn't matter if you miss him that is over. That child needs you to be responsible and mature enough to put their needs above all else. Get it in your mind set that you will do what you need to do to give that child the best life possible. I wanted to be married and not have to work and raise my family. Then he decided to cheat. So I picked myself up, went back to school and got a good job and I'll do it on my own. I will provide for my son without the so called man who couldn't put his child first. So can you. Life is what you make it. Good luck.

Well said.

Alisharose
by on Aug. 23, 2007 at 10:26 AM
my ex is the same, he just wants to go party and have no responsibilities than be with his daughter and me. I get stronger everyday,though. I don't hate him, i feel sorry for him. I see him now as the child he is. I can't force him to grow up, be a man and take responsibility. I know one day when he straightens his life out he  will regret the choices he has made.he will be a father when he is ready and i don't think that is any time soon. I am okay, because my daughter has me, and I am finally growing into a better person without him. I am better off without a man like him around to bring us down...

www.GoVeg.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN